Win .243 Ammo Suggestions Please

Birdbander

It seems the rounds that I used have been discontinued by manufacturer, Winchester Power Max Bonded 100gr.

My rifle seemed to like them and I liked how it performed on my antelope hunt.

I'm not a reloader and have no desire to. I'd like to hear what you all would recommend that would perform similarly. Thank you.

Thank you
Hornady 90 gr ELD-X have worked well for my daughter on whitetails. She used reloads but Hornady offers that bullet in its Precision Hunter line.
That one did catch my eye on the shelf.
I'm not surprised every reply has been different so far😉
So many good choices, too many it feels at times. I appreciate the replies.

For whatever reason my wife’s shoots 100 grain corelokts better than anything else. The last two years I’ve shot 85 grain ttsx out of it, not quite as accurate as the corelokts but deer don’t like them much

For whatever reason my wife’s shoots 100 grain corelokts better than anything else. The last two years I’ve shot 85 grain ttsx out of it, not quite as accurate as the corelokts but deer don’t like them much
I like them also. I nailed a coyote pup at 200yds a couple evenings ago with corelokts. Have also killed an elk with them in .243.

Hornady American Whitetail with the 100gr Interlock shoots just as well as all the bullets I reload after I shoot these. I buy these for Brass, then reload after round 1. They are available at most stores, and have done well on deer and antelope.

I use Sierra 100gr Hpbt gamekings and alwayshad good results on deer and antelope. You can find them for under $40 a box.
That is what I prefer and what my rifle shoots really well.

The Fusion stuff works pretty well and I even tried the Hornady Lite Load 87gr stuff one season. The 87gr stuff was weird. I shot a doe behind the shoulder and she dropped dead….found pieces of the jacket and lead in a rear ham.

I think just about anything over 90grs will work just fine for deer and antelope. Someday I’d like to build a custom with a faster twist barrel that my old Mod 70.
I’m a big fan of the 243.

That is what I prefer and what my rifle shoots really well.

The Fusion stuff works pretty well and I even tried the Hornady Lite Load 87gr stuff one season. The 87gr stuff was weird. I shot a doe behind the shoulder and she dropped dead….found pieces of the jacket and lead in a rear ham.

I think just about anything over 90grs will work just fine for deer and antelope. Someday I’d like to build a custom with a faster twist barrel that my old Mod 70.
I’m a big fan of the 243.
90 grain Hammer HHT. 1-8 twist. mtmuley

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back