Wildfire Prevention - a public service announcement

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
I told Geremy that I would gladly post a reminder for all our members to think about was we head out for our hunts this fall.

Natural fire is one thing, sometimes a good thing. Man-caused fires are another. Here is Geremy's reminder.

Randy:

Hope you have a good opening to hunting season.

Here are the talking points we hope you will share with your web members now that many states are close to opening weekend of their hunting seasons.

* Know what fire restrictions are in place for the area you’re in by checking www.firerestrictions.us or contacting the local land agency.

* Make sure any vehicles or equipment used have properly maintained mufflers, bearings, tires and that safety chains are not dragging.

* Know what the weather forecast is not only for that day, but the next day as well.

* If campfire and/or warming fires are allowed, keep your fire less than 3 feet in diameter and follow safe campfire practices.

* Make sure you have an adequate clear zone around your campfire (4 feet of area cleared of flammable material for every 1 foot of your campfire’s flame height).

* Never leave a campfire unattended

* Make sure it is cold to the touch before leaving.

If you have any questions give me a call

Geremy Olson

701-226-9870
Northern Rockies Coordinating Group
Fire Prevention and Education Team
[email protected]

Be safe and best of luck to all Hunt Talkers this season.

It is crazy how dry the forests are and there is no relief in sight. I have been working down in Colorado and Wyoming with a helitack crew this summer and it looks like we will be busy for quite awhile. Fire resources are spread pretty thin so be careful out there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back