Wifes First Bull Elk! 2017 in Colorado!

cloudbase

That is kickass, congrats to your wife!

But I'll echo the bafflement on dragging...hell, I didn't even drag my antelope doe this year and I could see my car a quarter mile from where she went down! Gutless quarter and on ice fast for everything means you get sweet meat and don't have a bunch of garbage (hide, pelvis, lower legs, spine) to throw away! I'm practically married to my Stone Glacier backpack.

asteel

I apologize if I've misunderstood this post, but is that a legal kill in Colorado? I thought you needed 4 points or better. I'm new to all of this so I welcome any corrections and information.

Madman

I apologize if I've misunderstood this post, but is that a legal kill in Colorado? I thought you needed 4 points or better. I'm new to all of this so I welcome any corrections and information.
Some units are 4 point or above and some have no antler restrictions. In this case, her elk was in a no antler restriction, although it is a 4x3......sorry it took so long, haven't been on very much lately.

Buschy

Congratulations to your wife and you are a blessed man. Hopefully more success in 2018.