Caribou Gear Tarp

Wife removed elk tag from safe....

TrickyTross

And possibly threw it away. I wont jump into the dynamics of that conversation, but I will say this, when I went to the safe to get my tag and put it with all my stuff for our trip to Idaho, I couldn't find it. I combed the house and it is MIA. I think it fell victim to that Japanese witchcraft known as "Kondo-ing". We followed the Marie Kondo woman show and we went through a good bit of our stuff. On the day that my wife went through old documents, I assumed that anything in the safe was safe (see what I did there?). Well, assuming has got me where I am today..... I have a phone call with HQ in Boise and am hoping they can reprint and mail a duplicate, otherwise I will be driving a fair piece from the trailhead, after I drop the crew off, and heading to a regional office. A prayer for grace from the powers that be with ID F&G would be fantastic....

At least I get the opportunity to hunt elk this fall, even if I miss a day to going to get a tag re-printed.

haha oh man! I thought this was going to be about a thread where you were leaving for your hunt and were excited to go.

Best of luck!

From what the google has told me it shouldn't be an issue to get a replacement. https://idfg.idaho.gov/press/ask-fish-and-game-duplicate-license-tags-1
I saw that, and the lady on the phone at the call center said the same thing yesterday. However, she said for me to call and discuss with HQ and maybe they could mail it. I am not holding my breath....

Don’t know about Idaho but I didn’t receive any of my Big Game licenses in Montana a couple years ago and they emailed duplicates and I printed them out. Good luck with yours and your hunt.

You can definitely get it reprinted...I've had CO, MT, and WY reissue and mail new tags to me I can't imagine it will be an issue with ID.

Side note, reading the OP made my pulse race... I'm such a control freak this would drive me up a wall. My wife and I moved in together right after college and it was instantly apparent that the only way it was going to work is if she left me be in total control of household organization. She said, fine you get to decide where everything goes except for the kitchen, I won't move stuff, but you have to do all the cleaning. Honestly, 8 years later and it's one of the best agreements we have made.

GOOD NEWS!! In addition to the above option of going to a Regional Office, you can call the HQ and talk to someone in license. They will send you an affidavit over email that you fill out and get notarized. Mail it back to them with a check or money order for $8.25 and they will mail you out your tag!! I love those folks

GOOD NEWS!! In addition to the above option of going to a Regional Office, you can call the HQ and talk to someone in license. They will send you an affidavit over email that you fill out and get notarized. Mail it back to them with a check or money order for $8.25 and they will mail you out your tag!! I love those folks

This for sure. My dad unfortunately had to do the same thing. Keep in mind that it's a +/- 2 week turn around time though.

Wives do weird shit sometimes! Just saturday I was packing up gear to go fish. Looking for the Kelty coyote pack. Cant find it anywhere...call wife she says "oh yea I gave it away to someone. It was old and we never use it." Good for whoever got a really nice Kelty pack. But dammit I do use that pack and it's in fine condition. 😔

This for sure. My dad unfortunately had to do the same thing. Keep in mind that it's a +/- 2 week turn around time though.
Yep! Should get here next week! Spoke with them this morning and they said they would process the day they get the check and affidavit, which, according to the postal folks, should be Thursday or Friday at the latest. Of course, if I mailed something ot you the way the new system is up here, it would take 2+ days!

NM has electronic tags as an option. I have not figured that one out yet. I had to put up a cell antenna to get service here at the place. My tags are under a paper weight on my desk, never out of sight. :cool:

Glad it worked out for you. That's one of my nightmares.

My wife doesn't know the combination to my safe. If I die, I've given the combination to my brother who lives out of state. I also didn't want the kiddos able to get into the guns without my permission. I keep all my tags in the safe along with other things the wife doesn't need to know about like birthday and Christmas gifts and maybe a few guns she doesn't know about...;)

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back