Wife at the Range

sagebrush

My wife has a rifle antelope tag in NV this year. I thought I should get her out to the range just to check the zero on her .270 A-Bolt and let her have a little range time before we leave. She is an accomplished hunter and a better shot off the bench than I. Take a look at this target and tell me if you think she is ready or not. That's 3 1/4" center to center.

Attachments

• 2012-07-31 Target small.jpg
    2012-07-31 Target small.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 223
How far is she shooting from the bench? If this is 200 - 300 yrds she is ready my friend!

If its 100 yrds, I would say some tightning is in order to make those longer shots ethical.

Here's the story behind this group. I was watching through the spotting scope. The first shot was the one on the inside left. I called dead antelope. The second shot I said, "Unbelievable, I think it might be touching the first one. You're at 7 o'clock and 3 inches off the center. I think you didn't allow enough for the cross wind." She made the windage adjustment on the third shot that hit at 6 o'clock. This is her 400 yard target. The next target was a 12" metal square at 500 yards. First shot was 2" too high. She adjusted her holdover and the next two were both hits.

After your explanation of distance, yes, I'd say she is ready. Good luck to her.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oras
Back