Why all the 6.5 CM hate?

I think the point was fairly simple. If you want to drag this on with a grammar lesson, I would understand possesive apostrophes before looking at other's (see what I did there) posts.

Something about living in a glass house!

I am looking for actual reasons why people do not like 6.5cm. All of the opinions and nicknames like 6.5 manbun are pretty funny but I haven’t seen many comments that were based in actual use of the caliber.

I have had mine for two year and have shot 6 antelope, 2 elk, and 2 deer in that time. I have not had an animal go further than 20 yards. I am very confident with the rifle and caliber and I personally believe that is a big part of being accurate. I do not prescribe to long range hunting though, I like the long range capabilities at the range but do not take long shots on animals. The longest shot out of all those animals was 250. I feel it is like hunting archery, just because you can shoot x confidently at the range, you should not hunt that same distance.

I was against it for a long time, purely because I thought it was hype. Then it was time for another rifle.... I’ve shot a 300 and 338 forever. I thought, “what’s this hype all about?” I just started researching, and the facts sold me. At my age I’ve grown to love a low kicking rifle that is deadly accurate. It was engineered to be exactly that. Can you argue with SOCOM? It replaced the 7.62 as the new sniper round. So, I ordered one. There are other great rounds of course.

I don't know of any reasons not to like it within its weight class so to speak. I have one and like it very much. But as said above, it's the hype. It's reputed to be the panacea of all hunting cartridges in some circles. These circles may include more younger lads than not. They may be drinking craft beers, wearing their girlfriends' trousers and sporting shower shoes. One or more of them may have long hair tied in a similar fashion as my first grade teacher. You see where I'm going here.

Hahaha! I guess it’s true that some special ops soldiers get to grow beards and long hair! You know what!?! They’re young too!!!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back