Caribou Gear

Who's ready for April 15th !!!!

Moosie

Grand poopa
Bear season is almost here. Im looking foward to setting out a bait site. this year we should have about 4 cameras out for Pictures. Anyone else geting fired up ?

so your threads dont count righttttttttt, yeah you know im ready:) be my "first" serious year about bear

See and here I thought you were talking about smalls' birthday. :D

Moosie

Nice ram. Good on you! Enjoyed the story.

No bear hunting for me this spring. I will have a Michigan tag this fall though...after six years of applying!

Hope you bag a big one!

Paul

What up Paul? Good to see you around here. What is this crap with no bear hunting this spring. Thought maybe you would make another MT trip? Anyway, good to hear from you and I hope all is well.

This will be the first year I actually really "try" for a bear. I'm going to be spot and stalking it, I just don't have the time to put into baiting for one.

OOO OOOO , I'm ready , but for turkey .. Wrong forum I know , but had to let ya all know I am ready . We don't have a spring bear season here in NM , SO FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DO , HAVE FUN...

April 15th, nah a little to early, now may5th. well, all I got to say is game on. going back to bear camp, my dads coming up and we have 2 weeks to wack a blackie, maybe even a griz for myself (not over bait, spot and stalk).

We've started stocking the deep freeze with bait. We'll set our bait and stands on the 15th then I'm off to Mexico until the 23rd.

April 1st will be the Blackie opener round here (BC). April 2nd I'm hopin to be out on the first patch of green grass I can find. Then May long weekend (3rd weekend in May) it'll be time to glass some mountain sides.

Here's the little bear hole I'm waiting for to thaw out.

Sodchompin017.jpg

Here's one I passed up last year, then when I got home and looked at the picks I gave myself a kick in the arse for passin. He should be around this year so no worries.

SaturdayBear.jpg

Here's the mountain that I'm waiting to thaw out, and get me chance at that bear... Last year he was right on the road heading to that mountain.

007.jpg

Great pics ttd! I'll be heading to Boston on that day, so not looking forward to that day too much...

Well I am almost ready , roading the dogs getting them in shape and working on dropping 40 pounds myself . Have a buddy that hunts and the most important part drives the eddies bread truck so BIG BAG on the twinkies for me and a couple well established bait sites to run.
But after taking a blonde bear this year I am looking for the bear that I caught this last fall that just might make 21" he is big and nasty I know there were a lot of guys after him and I got lucky enough to tree him. Unfortunately I dont have much of a kill area with a 357 and he went up as soon as I got thier . But I feel lucky for this year .
Got a nice camera so maybe I can share some pictures.

I'm ready...springs a coming :) Problem is I just had two long time employees quit :eek: I sure hope I can make it out this year :confused:
If'n I do, I hope to find this guys pappa. Good luck y'all.

90ec56d1f7b3e0f7a1f6066391815c8a-.jpg

Update

Havent been able to get the dogs out to road ( excorsize ) roads have been drifted to much . But starting this week ( in the morning ) and do a little setting up to see if the pups will take after a deer or elk as I have tritronics around my neck to make sure they change thier mind , I have lots of expectations for the pups this year and hope to get then under 25 bear trees.
They were just under 20 trees between 6 months and 11 months old and all those they made from start to finish . Which was good but had a few wholes we have been working on. This is thier year as dad is going on 11 years old and is loosing a step or two .These pups seem to have the speed desire and endourance to get it done but we will see if the do it consistantly ,

Hond , I know some ares that open up real early that you can get to that have some good bear , If you interested let me know .716-1674

TTD, Man thats a shooter. Too bad you didnt get em. I will be Turkey hunting in Wa. on the 15th. No bear hunting this year that I know of. Hope you all have a good safe season. Make sure to get a lot of pictures.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back