Caribou Gear Tarp

Who's a coonhunter?

Justin

Don't give me a complex with that mouse stuff!

I'm in just south of Southern Pines in the South Central part of the state.

WoodMoose

Got to agree that if you start as a coon hunter you either love it or hate it!

I missed the Grand American in Orangeburg SC this year as me and B'cat was trying to figure out what game them two big toms was a playin with us!

Justin, I was just wondering if you are looking for a good and easy to break crossed hound or one that you plan to put in the nite hunts?
I hate to suggest this, but Dave Dean out of Indiana has some great bloodline s on nite champion walkers and blueticks! He is more of a blue dog man, but has also done well with Steven's bred walkers! Pups go around $350, but 60% or better of his pups have placed in the nite hunts!

If you do not run across a pup through b'cat or someone else on the site. Check out full cry or American cooner magazines and look at what suits your taste! Most folks selling them high money pups will stand behind you if it is not working out! (They do not want their hounds pups to put out a bad image)
Beings I am OVER the field trials and nite hunts,(For Good) I will stick with the crossed hounds that I can start easy and finish out my way!

Cuz, that cross with ACE and that gyp should put some damn fine mixed blood for a hell of a tree dog! Remember them B&B tags for Ace and moonshine
smile.gif

Thump

------------------
sneaky.gif

IF YA CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG DAWGS, KEEP YOUR ARSE ON THE PORCH

http://www.geocities.com/thumper_67.geo

Dave Dean is from Michigan,not Indiana.He mostly inbreeds.Mother x son,father x daughter,brother x sister.I dont much care for that myself.Niece to uncle is as close as I like to get.

------------------
Hunt hard and prosper.

I do stand to be corrected!

Yup, Dave is indeed from Michigan, not Indiana! As for the crosses he has bred, I can only attest to what he has bred on the bluetick side!
Just look at the records out of Kalamazoo (SP) 30 generation UKC pups that only 14 % of which did not amoumt to Sh!t !!

I do like them Hammer bred (BLUE) dogs, but I have hunted 2 and never saw the first to break easy and hold the tree without face barking or pulling off! ( Spent a many o' long nights trying to talk to the judge about my strike and tree call's) But they did make the final throw and 2 nite champions prove to be easy to handle!

I agree with the too many X's in the same breed ! If you keep throwing back the hound's, It will soon become as daft as a duck!(might as well have a cur or plott)
However to X another breed, outside of the UKC standards, can and has produced some great hounds! Now you know these will never make it in the nite hunts or books, but they will make good, if not great hounds!

Like posted earlier , "I would rather try and break an x hound with no papers and finish it as a started dog, than to try and make a nite champion out of a throw back or pure bred " You know for yourself, that it is a lot easier to work!
Maybe you disagree me and I got no problems with that!
Now that no competetion is at stake, no worries about stud fee's or papers! I would just assume to listen to the race and call it as it is!
Hope to the good Lord that my call is treed first and treein hard!!
smile.gif
And finally someone who speaks hounds ! Now it has been a LONG time and I am talking without dogs from Bangkok, but know what ya are a sayin'

Now with that sh!t out of the way, let's drop the tail gate and call a spade a spade!

Thump

------------------
sneaky.gif

[This message has been edited by Thumper (edited 01-20-2001).]

Shoot Thumper,you talk pretty good hound yourself.I agree,some of the best hounds I ever owned had questionable ancestry.Thats one reason I like English coonhounds.They are kind of a mix from the best of everything.

------------------
Hunt hard and prosper.

Hey fellas, sorry about the lapse there, but I've been away for a couple of days. Yes, I am from Farmville, in the eastern part of the state. Coons are not overly abundant here right now either. I hunt some places even further east of here that have better numbers of coons, but I think disease got a lot of them earlier in the fall. On top of that, the places with the most coons are the worst to hunt, like the cutouts beside the highways that have been overtaken by beavers. That kind of stuff is hard to work around, but we manage. As a side note, I spent Sunday with some friends in the far northeastern corner of the state trying to get after a cat. We didn't find a good track until about 1 pm and we just never got after him. I'm looking forward to hearing more from anyone hunting in NC.

Walker man,
We hait some cats hard in the savannah river 3 nights 3 cats and 2 coons. We have plenty of coons no a day's cause everyone quit hunting!!!

I hated to get rid of my pack, but if you know about my situation, I can not run coon in Thailand
smile.gif

I still have some super places behind the house! mind ya, we might have to get the boat and dump on an island or two, but it gets unreal at low tide! don't let no one fool ya them swamp cats and coons get no pressure and tons of food!
I was a non hunting guide for 3 GNC hunts and put my cast on some hot spots! I knew them cause I hunted them myself as a handler and and the hounds we had into top champs!

I am still lookin to get up and do a bit or bear huntin, y'all keep me posted! I will not come along as I know there are some hounds with B&B tags on them
smile.gif

Thumper

------------------
sneaky.gif

Originally posted by Thumper:
I do stand to be corrected!

Yup, Dave is indeed from Michigan, not Indiana! As for the crosses he has bred, I can only attest to what he has bred on the bluetick side!
Just look at the records out of Kalamazoo (SP) 30 generation UKC pups that only 14 % of which did not amoumt to Sh!t !!

I do like them Hammer bred (BLUE) dogs, but I have hunted 2 and never saw the first to break easy and hold the tree without face barking or pulling off! ( Spent a many o' long nights trying to talk to the judge about my strike and tree call's) But they did make the final throw and 2 nite champions prove to be easy to handle!

I agree with the too many X's in the same breed ! If you keep throwing back the hound's, It will soon become as daft as a duck!(might as well have a cur or plott)
However to X another breed, outside of the UKC standards, can and has produced some great hounds! Now you know these will never make it in the nite hunts or books, but they will make good, if not great hounds!

Like posted earlier , "I would rather try and break an x hound with no papers and finish it as a started dog, than to try and make a nite champion out of a throw back or pure bred " You know for yourself, that it is a lot easier to work!
Maybe you disagree me and I got no problems with that!
Now that no competetion is at stake, no worries about stud fee's or papers! I would just assume to listen to the race and call it as it is!
Hope to the good Lord that my call is treed first and treein hard!!
smile.gif
And finally someone who speaks hounds ! Now it has been a LONG time and I am talking without dogs from Bangkok, but know what ya are a sayin'

Now with that sh!t out of the way, let's drop the tail gate and call a spade a spade!

Thump

------------------

Back