Who isn't traveling for Turkey season this year?

fallfreak

I normally travel to Kansas every year for a private land turkey hunt on family and friends farms. Not this year with the pandemic they are requiring people from a few states to quarantine for 14 days before hunting. My state is not included but decided it's just better to stay home this year then risk any spread of the virus.

I have three resident tags for units 0-4 hours from home. As of now, planning to camp away from campgrounds as usual, bring food from home, and use hand sanitizer at the gas station.

I was going to Florida to complete My Royal Slam 2 weeks ago yesterday and Airline cancelled. Probably a good thing, I will leave Az. and go in wilderness country in New Mexico on the 13th . Plan as few stops as possible only gas and maybee 1 fast food stop. .............BOB!

My trip to Maine to chase gobblers is looking less and less likely. Normally go up to our hunting camp. I worry about the older fellas I hunt with, as I’d be coming from NY.

Might consider a solo truck camping trip somewhere though.

Looks like my annual trip to Idaho has been canceled. I actually thought about buying a tag last week and didn't do it. Might regret that decision.

Hunting out the back door as usual. Four of my kids will have tags this year and I'm looking forward to spending some time in the woods with them.

I’ve got 4-6 days to hunt turkeys on public this spring, all within 45 minutes of where I live. Just got an email from IA DNR affirming that the season is a go, practice social distancing, and ignore the rumors of public land closures, license sales closed, etc.

Of course all that can be overridden by a governor shelter in place order. It’s on the table and ready to be implemented immediately if things get severe enough with the virus. At that point the tag is a firestarter and a conservation donation.

If I would have bought a tag, I could just crack open my basement window and shoot one in my yard. I don't think I would need an extra full choke. :LOL::ROFLMAO:;)
iQhEAfpl.jpg

I am hunting about an hour from home with as few stops as possible this weekend. Will go to my camp that is an hour in the opposite direction next weekend.

Had planned to spend a long weekend in the Arkansas Ozarks when season opens there but have cancelled that trip.

We had decided to cancel our annual trip to Kansas when KDWPT dropped the limit from two birds to one, in an effort to reduce the taking of a drastically depleted flock. Apparently last years flooding had a severe impact on the numbers of birds. I'll be hunting from my house here in Vt. I hope to be able to travel 4 hours into NY state where I have access to a couple thousand acres of excellent turkey hunting property. At this point, I'm planning to go there the first week of May, and camp using our horse trailer with living quarters.

I normally travel to Kansas every year for a private land turkey hunt on family and friends farms. Not this year with the pandemic they are requiring people from a few states to quarantine for 14 days before hunting. My state is not included but decided it's just better to stay home this year then risk any spread of the virus.
People travel long distance to hunt turkey?? WTH for?? Like traveling to shoot a rabbit. Good lord it’s just a freakin rabbit people. It’s just a turkey!🤣

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back