Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Who isn't traveling for Turkey season this year?

I took a drive down to Deckers last Wednesday to wet a line. It was as busy with fishermen as the busiest holiday weekend I've ever seen, pullouts that maybe have 1-2 cars on a typical Saturday had 4-5 cars, just crazy...

Deckers has been real busy

I'll hunt in here in NC but my wife and i are still planning to go to Ohio and camp on National forest land. By camping and only having to fill up once with gas shouldn't come into contact with anyone else.
Hope you already bought your license. Ohio canceled all nonresident licenses sales yesterday.

I’m from Central Ks I mainly hunt public land and all that flooding we had last year took out my normal deer and turkey spots there still is no vegetation there

What part of KS do you hunt I live in central KS Im mainly a public land hunter but have some private I hunt
I hunt north central KS. Close to the Nebraska state line. They didn't have the flooding you had further south

That sucks for people wanting to go to Ohio. If this virus clears up I was gonna be back that way in a month and hunt PA and Ohio in May. Hopefully next year. good Luck all and stay SAFE..............BOB

It is unfortunate and I almost missed out on buying a tag. I moved back to Ohio back in March, so I am still considered a nonresident (I was unable to change residency due to BMV being closed). The only reason I even knew about was because of Facebook. I love my state, but I am disappointed how they relayed this information. And I hope those of you who had planned on hunting Ohio get to.

So if anyone was planning to still come to KS for turkey season they suspended all non residents license purchases but if you already have the tag you can still hunt if you do the 14 day quarantine but they are encouraging non residents not to you can email them and they will refund your tag

I may have missed it in an earlier post but were your colorado plans ruined by land closures or licenses?

A lot of it was the stay in your home order, then travel restrictions, and some land closures. I was going to be travelling to the other side of the state to hunt and stay with some friends.

A lot of it was the stay in your home order, then travel restrictions, and some land closures. I was going to be travelling to the other side of the state to hunt and stay with some friends.

That makes sense. I have a draw dag for out near Rocky Ford that I planned to hunt opening day but with nowhere to camp legally I am going to stick to mountain birds for this weekend. hopefully, I will still be able to go out there.

Kansas suspended the sales of non resident tags. If you all already have a tag they are asking you to quarantine before hunting.

Not that I am traveling anywhere, but if I were going to Wyoming to spring hunt, where would a guy quarantine at for 14 days?

My boys and I will be hunting close to home in Colorado for the first time. We usually hunt Nebraska and Kansas but cancelled those trips. They’ve been spoiled with the numbers of birds they usually see in Nebraska. There going to get a lesson in patience tomorrow morning!

I took a drive down to Deckers last Wednesday to wet a line. It was as busy with fishermen as the busiest holiday weekend I've ever seen, pullouts that maybe have 1-2 cars on a typical Saturday had 4-5 cars, just crazy...
@LuketheDog : This Gobbler was standing on the road in town right at the bridge over W Plum Cr. tonight - a hen joined him right after.

054224CB-CC24-412C-AB5D-357FF5C35DF7.jpeg

Nobody is traveling to Michigan - turkey hunting is now illegal here. You can still go to the pot shop to buy recreational marijuana though.

I've seen that bird, he's going to die in a car accident long before he gets shot...
lol - I had the exact same thought. He almost bought it 2 times last night in the 3 minutes I stopped for a picture.

I found birds yesterday and had a setup all worked out for this morning...obviously - and more or less par for the course in early season here - the snow put that plan in the dumpster.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back