Who is shooting an arrow over 600 gr?

Yeah, I'd say thats pretty good speed for a longbow. Although depending on the style of hunting and species speed is extremely important IMO. If the arrow can't get there fast enough then it really makes hunting harder. But heavier arrows like you are shooting have a ton of momentum and KE, that is what helps with a pass through.
The closer you are, the faster your arrow will get there

The closer you are, the faster your arrow will get there
That is very true, but depending on your hunting situation you may only be able to get so close. And the faster the arrow the flatter the trajectory, much more forgiving for a bad shot. Thats why I shoot a 552gr arrow @290fps.

Not over 600
475 could be a bit heavier but really like my set up and I have 3 sets of premium broadheads $100 per 3 so don't plan on changing. and confidence in a set up is very important IMO more than speed or arrow weight
I saw a vid few yrs back on point of impact with 100gr tip up to 300 and was very surprised on how the point of impact didn't chance much I think we can over think things a lot

Not over 600
475 could be a bit heavier but really like my set up and I have 3 sets of premium broadheads $100 per 3 so don't plan on changing. and confidence in a set up is very important IMO more than speed or arrow weight
I saw a vid few yrs back on point of impact with 100gr tip up to 300 and was very surprised on how the point of impact didn't chance much I think we can over think things a lot
I did some experimenting a couple of summers ago. I tested 400, 430, and 480 grain arrows. I noticed a big difference in trajectory between each of those weights. It was what I was expecting, but for some reason, contrary to the internet. 🤷‍♂️

Good morning N2TRKYS what did you see with your different weight arrows
just wondering what your experience was I research everything but dont believe half of what you see on the net

Good morning N2TRKYS what did you see with your different weight arrows
just wondering what your experience was I research everything but dont believe half of what you see on the net
For context: I use a single pin sight and I set it up for maximum point blank range. My setup allows me to get 0-40 yards while still holding on hair with my pin set at 30 yards.

I halved my distance(15 yards) cause I knew this would be the peak of my trajectory. I picked an arrow weight that kept the impact in the vitals. Inside of 15 yards, they hit right where my pin was aiming. 430 grains was about the heaviest I could go with the speed that my bow shoots.

I hope you can make some sense out of what I wrote. 😂

For context: I use a single pin sight and I set it up for maximum point blank range. My setup allows me to get 0-40 yards while still holding on hair with my pin set at 30 yards.

I halved my distance(15 yards) cause I knew this would be the peak of my trajectory. I picked an arrow weight that kept the impact in the vitals. Inside of 15 yards, they hit right where my pin was aiming. 430 grains was about the heaviest I could go with the speed that my bow shoots.

I hope you can make some sense out of what I wrote. 😂
You’re going for a “trick pin” setup with a single pin. Got it.
I use my 50 yd pin with 443gr Setup. But I’m looking to change what I’ve got, just as soon as I fix my backup bow(s).

You’re going for a “trick pin” setup with a single pin. Got it.
I use my 50 yd pin with 443gr Setup. But I’m looking to change what I’ve got, just as soon as I fix my backup bow(s).
Heck no, I don’t do the trick pin deal. That has never made any sense to me.

Heck no, I don’t do the trick pin deal. That has never made any sense to me.
It’s basically MPBR, utilizing a low hold to take advantage of an arrow dropping at a similar in/ft as your visual perspective shrinks.

It’s basically MPBR, utilizing a low hold to take advantage of an arrow dropping at a similar in/ft as your visual perspective shrinks.
I’m holding dead on my target. The trick pin is like 12” low or something like that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back