Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Who here (or whom do you know) is a doe-only gun hunter here?

Put in for the permits each year, cow moose. We come upon the bulls often enough.

Everyone in a trophy managed deer club most places.

The only time I’ve been shooting bucks in our gun season is if they have been ripping my trees apart in my yard. Otherwise I save my buck tag for late muzzleloader and shoot does during our gun season.

I’m not sure there’s a more achievable hunt than shooting a doe with a rifle, pretty much anywhere…

I’ll shoot one with a 99, just have to drill & tap it first 😂

Picked this up the other day to do some reloading for my dad's old 99. Think I'll shoot something with it this year maybe I'll pop a doe for you Tom. Now that you made me think on it 4 out of the last 5 does I've killed were with a bow the other a 30-06.20230309_091813.jpg

the last doe l shot was with my bow, on a usual year we kill 3 or 4 with rifles, if we get a bunch of meat down early this year l would like to try to get one with a handgun.

After getting our bucks with scoped rifles, we hunt for a doe with our iron sighted Winchester 94's. Been pretty successful the last several years. It's also a more relaxed hunt and they have all been under 60 yard shots.

It’s been somewhere close to 12 years since I last shot something with antlers. Shot a good handful of does in between there. I don’t see where I’ll ever shoot another mule deer doe, but whitetails are fair game to me. Shooting does, during the later season opens up some private acres for me and I enjoy the venison. Would like to use a few different guns every year for them though. And then some day I’ll try to fill a tag with a revolver. I have no shame in filling doe tags but it sure would be nice to shoot a buck sometime too.

I would much rather shoot a doe than a buck. We use a lot of deer meat through the year. Plus I can't eat the antlers they just hang in the garage.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back