Who Has Taken a Cruise?

Ovis

Perks? What sucks? Where did you go? Where do you recommend going? Would you do it again?

Planning a trip for two in Nov...10 year anniversary gift. I procrastinated on the passports so long I don't think they'll be here in time. Currently, you don't need a passport for a cruise.

This is a good question.

My wife wants to go to Alaska next spring, should we take the cruise, fly to Anchorage and rent a car? Any opinions?

Went with my wife Sept 2005 (delayed by hurricane rita) from Galveston on Carnival Conquest. We ended up going to Progresso (Merida) Mexico and Cozumel. Even though we didn't get our original ports I had a blast. Don't plan your cruise only for the specific ports, you never know what can happen and you end up chnging itenerary. We have another one planned for Sept 2008 out of Miami. Carnival is about the cheapest you can get, but you lso have to look at airfare costs related to the ports you may go out of. Their Spirit class ships have the highest percentage of balcony rooms so as a result their balconies are cheaper than other Carnival ships. A good site for info is Cruise Addicts, and another is Cruise Critics. If you have a question someone on those sites will have the answer.

If you have ny specific questions feel free to PM me.

Tim

My wife and I went on a Carnival cruise for our honeymoon to the Eastern Carribean. Our stops were The Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Martin Virgin Islands. We had a total blast! Like Wyomingtim says, check out www.cruisecritic.com and read up on all of the tips they have. You can even meet people that are scheduled for the same cruise!

One tip that will save $$$ is to "smuggle" in your own alcohol. The let you bring on your own soda and bottled water, but what we did was empty some 2 liter bottles and filled them back up with rum and vodka. All of the juices on ship are free, so you can make all of the foo foo drinks you want for free! This is one tip we learnd on the cruise critic, but there are lots of other things to learn. If you are going to buy souveneirs, wait until the last day of the cruise because every thing will nearly 1/2 off! Just check out the cruise critic and get yourselves ready to have the time of your lives! Cruises rock!

I didn't think I'd like a cruise, being all bottled up on a boat for a week....

I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to relax and had a great time. They don't let you shoot the porpoises though.

We're going again in January on a 7 night Mexican Riviera to celebrate anniversary and a successful hunting season.

We took a 2 week cruise in Mar 05 with 3 other couples. We went from San Diego to Ft Lauderdale with Royal Caribbean--well run operation.

DO NOT GO ON A 2 WEEK CRUISE!!!
It was the ship of the living dead. Of the 1400+ people on board we 8 were about half the adults under 60. The 1 weekers cater to a younger crowd.

It was fun-because we were there with friends and went out to have fun.
The food was good(and free) and the service very good. The booze is stupid expensive but we stayed drunk pretty much the whole time (it was like a TDY without the work part) Buzzed and burnt whoo-hoo!!

Smuggle your own on board and bring a nalgene bottle. Then buy the unlimited refills cup they sell--about $20--for soda. Their ice and soda and your hooch in your nalgene and your good to go--buy a drink from the bar evey now and then for camo and don't act like an ass and your golden

We didn't spend the big bucks for a room with a view. We went to the cabin to sleep, shower and change.

Went on a Western caribbeian carnival cruise Jan 06 with 13 other couples. Had a blast. Costa miaha(sp) was ok, but don't listen to the lecture and go outside the compound. You'll have more fun. Feed the stingrays if you go to the Cayman Islands. In Jamica,sign up for the Jungle Jeep Tour. It takes all day and costs 100.00 each but is a blast. Fern valley and Dunns river falls are included in the tour. Like Eric said sign up early if you want to do an excursion. There were only three tickets left when we signed up for the jungle tour on the first day of the cruise,so we were the only ones of our group that went.

John is right too. My sign and sail pass was over 1300. Over half of that was booze.

10 of us are going to Cabo Nov. 8 thru the 15. The last two I added didn't think they would get their passport on time . It came in three weeks! My daughter just got hers and it took three weeks. None of the paid the extra money.

If you get your passport come to cabo. Lot more fun than a cruise. We entered a tuna fishing contest and I'm taking diving lessons next week to get certified and I plan on diving at cabo pulma.

Been on 2 cruises, have a third this spring, this time taking the 2 kids, 11 and 9.

Yes, they are great. Everything is provided.

Going fishing in Cabo or Mazaon. Not booking it through the cuise line though.

Royal Carabian is great.

Unless your a power eater I would avoid them and do an all inclusive

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back