Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Who has killed what with a .243

I shot my first mulie last year with my 243 (my is the youth model being only 5'1" need the shorter stock and all). I just love this gun not much recoil and a sweet shooter all around.

------------------
Happy Hunting
Lady Hunter in AZ
jessica1.gif

Thanks for sharing all of your experience. Since I still have not shot this rifle and it is new in the box, now I am thinking about trading it off. I have a .300 mag which I use for elk and deer, a 30-06 which my wife uses for elk and deer, and a single shot .223 H/R varminter I use for chucks and such. Any suggestions on the best caliber for a long range flat shooter, for deer and antelope? I saw a guy this year drop a mulie at 450+ with a .264 Win Mag, is that the ticket, or a .280? Once again I appreciate all opinions.

Shoot straight

Hey Buddy,

You already have the long range gun you need!
300 mag will do the trick!
I mean hey, they use them for 1,000 yard matches with iron sights....... so 400 -500 yards is no sweat!
JB

Many deer in Texas die from a 243 so it must be ok for that HOWEVER it was designed as a varmint cartridge.
My daughter and I have killed a number of whitetail deer on our ranch with hers.
Yes, I aware elk have / or killed with it but then the Eskimos have killed P-bears with a 22 Hornet...no sign I should or wish too.
Enjoy with deer and down. We too like other posting here you the Federal with 100 grn bullet load.

Back