Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Who else is still inundated with smoke?

Irrelevant

Oh yeah... no one else that's who
1664904216578.png
1664904252207.png
Current forecast calls for smoke for the next 14 days. Yeah WA...

We're on month 2 of solid smoke; not day, not week, but MONTH. The fires causing it started Aug 11th.

It's been a little better lately up towards Chelan but driving into Wenatchee sure is depressing. A cold wind and some rain would be nice about now.

As much as the smoke is surrounding you, keep in mind what caused it and the poor residents that are living in it, if they still have a place to live.

As much as the smoke is surrounding you, keep in mind what caused it and the poor residents that are living in it, if they still have a place to live.
Luckily for nearby homeowners these fires are pretty remote, but those tend to be the ones that burn and smoke until snow finally puts them out. We've all been through this enough and seen friends, family and neighbors lose everything that we're pretty sensitive to it.

After our fires in 2020 we got our propane delivered as soon as they opened the roads. The driver gets out of his truck, walks over and apologies right off. He says "we have been complaining about all the damn smoke in town for weeks. Now I see what caused it and what you guys went through. I have to apologize. I will never complain about smoke again. "

In two months they're still under 10k acres. Out incredibly wet winter and spring has led to some slow growing, smoldering fires. But they refuse to put them out, it's a cheap way to get a big prescribed burn, damned the public health.

It'll be interesting when NCW water leads the US in lung cancer if those in control are held accountable for their inaction.
After our fires in 2020 we got our propane delivered as soon as they opened the roads. The driver gets out of his truck, walks over and apologies right off. He says "we have been complaining about all the damn smoke in town for weeks. Now I see what caused it and what you guys went through. I have to apologize. I will never complain about smoke again. "
There are no home threatened. And again, I said MONTHS, we've all lived with fire and smoke for weeks. But months becomes a significant portion of your life. We've literally passed national legislation, implemented untold millions/billion to improve air quality for public health, but we can't put out a <10k acre slow growing wildfire. Again, I get the forest health component but at some point there has to be public health component.

Last edited:
I sure can't disagree with you. Government inaction whether it be national or regional can't be excused. The SCU unit chief had said "let it burn" 398,000 acres later, billions in damage and 2 suicides later it was out after nearly a month. After 2 years people are still try to get permits to rebuild what the government decided to "let it burn". There was no reason to not put these destructive and unhealthy fires out. It was said that our one fire put more pollution in the air than the entire clean air bullshit prevented.

I sure can't disagree with you. Government inaction whether it be national or regional can't be excused. The SCU unit chief had said "let it burn" 398,000 acres later, billions in damage and 2 suicides later it was out after nearly a month. After 2 years people are still try to get permits to rebuild what the government decided to "let it burn".
Definitely sucks when normal people get caught between two different agencies. Cal fire says let it burn, county says well, you have to jump through all these hoops to rebuild... sucks.
It was said that our one fire put more pollution in the air than the entire clean air bullshit prevented.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BullelkSD
Back