Who doesn’t wear camo to hunt

Rarely wear camo to hunt, but some of my clothes either only came in camo or the alternative color was less than ideal… my hunting parka for sitting on stand is camo because the blaze orange version of the same coat was incredibly noisy. Apparently a totally different fabric

I find sales on hiking gear. Hiking gear, mil surplus, and helly Hansen rain gear of various flavors. I can mix and match for all seasons and have less money burned than what it cost for a single high end Sitka/kuiu jacket. I wear the same hiking pants to town that I hunt in.In general I prefer hiking clothes so people don’t assume I’m hunting. The only time I wear camo is turkey season and it’s usually just a multicam jacket that the Army gave me. The cost of high end camo is insane and I am a cheap bastard unless it’s hiking/hunting boots.

Only reason I wear camo is that I bought stuff that fit and it was camo, and it hasn't worn out yet. Non-camo gets mixed with camo based on what has worn out and what is comfortable.

Wearing some camo britches now to go fishing. Not to sneak up on the fish, they are comfortable, best cargo pants I have had. Would buy several pairs if I could find them "non-camo".

David
NM

Back