Who All

Cooter, you have to bring your jokes along with you if you come...
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Bill, if I don't kill on the tag I that I have drawn can I hunt with it or do I have to get another tag. If I was to get to come back.

Martin, with the tag you have, you would have to get the other tag to hunt with them. But with your tag, should it be unused, you would be able to hunt a few other places around here at that time, such as area #80 which is the east side of the elk refuge on the National Forest and part of area #70 just north of here where some of them may be hunting on the other side of the road. These two areas you can hunt without a guide.

No, the areas I mentioned to MEATHEAD are two areas that border where the rest would be hunting at. These two areas are part wilderness. As long as he is not hunting in the wilderness, he would not need a guide. Where the rest are hunting is Teton Park and no guide is required there either.

Hey Bill, you forgot to mention that everyone needs bear bait... gotta have your bear bait or Mr. Ranger gets upset.... Doesn't he Russ??

cool.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 05-04-2003 20:41: Message edited by: danr55 ]</font>

LOL Dan
biggrin.gif
I did forget to mention it in this one. I did mention it in one of the other threads about this.

Everyone who has an Area 79 tag, needs to have pepper spray on their person also. Their is no size restriction on it, but you must have it with you. The reason being is that part of #79 does in fact have griz and blacks and therefore required by the National Park Service.

BTW, Mr Ranger will give you a ticket for not having a Hunter's Safety Card on you.

I need to get to this list more often.... I will be here. I will have my elk by then I hope, oops I live here! hehehehe. I also have all the meat processing equipment and use of horses 4-wheelers ect..... i will check back later and see haow you folks are progressing...Cody B jackson Wyo

I will be here and would love to meet you folks and perhaps offer some assistance but I don't hunt the park. I will spend September with my bow and if that does not work october rifle season On Towagartee or south of town. I access alot of land with my jet boat from the east side of the Snake. I do have some storage, a band saw, cuber, grinder, stuffer, smoker, slicer, and well saw if you get in a pinch.Besides the steel head run should be good in Salmon by then and I will spend some time there..... let me know if I can help or meet to have a cup of coffee.....Cody

MOOSIE will show up for ONE day.. And ONE day only..... but I'm not hunting.. I jsut want to ack something of fthe hill for someone. Not commiting to the day yet, But I'll make it there for a Photo op
wink.gif

Well I would LOVE to commit to being there. Just like Seldom there are many other factors involved.($$$$$$)
The time off probably would not be a problem but I am 1000 % commited to being at dgibson's for Hillbilly Fest 2003 first. I dont know the dates for that yet.
wink.gif

That would be cool if you can make it for a day Moosie.
wink.gif

Hope things can work out where you can make it also Nut.
smile.gif

I am going to leave the shoes on the horse so he will be available for draging or packing for anyone.
wink.gif

At the moment, it's looking more promising for me and my two buds to make the trip and hunt. If we make it, we'll be tent camping.

Perhaps some others will be around for a get-together, although at this time, I don't have any real idea where we'll camp.

L.W.

Thanks, Elkhunter. I'm looking at my Bridger/Teton Nat'l. Forest map, Buffalo Ranger District. I see the Shadow Mtn. area. I'm wondering if there might be good camping areas closer to the Park, off that 30290 FS Road, or, 30310?? I don't have any topo maps of that area... yet.

Maybe later, when plans finalize, several of us can get together at the same camp area.
Hope you will stop by for a visit.

L.W.

At the bottom of Shadow Mountain, FS Rd # 30340, where Antelope Flat Rd ends is where I am referring to. The elk quite often come right down the middle of the sagebrush there where it says Antelope Flats, which is partof the park hunt. It is also easy access to go anywhere you want to. As to FS Rd # 30310, there is a camping area right where th numbers (30310) are on the map. I don't think there is any camping in 30290.

This is the camp area at 30310, where the #s are on your map. These were taken last year at the end of August. It of course would look different in November, like white.

sc1.jpg

sc2.jpg

sc3.jpg

sc4.jpg

sc5.jpg

sc6.jpg

Elkhunter, thanks again, not only for the campground information, but for the great pictures of the area.

At that time of the year, around first of Nov., on, is there snow on the ground in that area??

Thanks. L.W.

That is hard to say. Some years yes and some years no. The place in the pictures is about 1/2 mile from the highway. The road will be open even if there is snow from other hunters. Same would go for the bottom of Shadow. Next time I am up by Shadow I will get some pics of that area also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back