PEAX Equipment

Whitetail & Mule Deer bucks - what do they score? Give me a guess.

I’m going 184 on muley
no idea on whitetail. Maybe 125ish cool bucks for sure

First is a friends mule deer which he got when he was 16 I believe. His first deer! He has never had it scored and I think it would be a neat way to honor the animal. So what do you all think?

Mule Deer score:

View attachment 176580

View attachment 176581

My yard buck. Yes in my yard!

View attachment 176582

View attachment 176583

View attachment 176586
View attachment 176588
That whitetail looks like the same one Land Tawney has posted pics of in his yard. Cool buck!

Mid 180’s mule deer. Has probably 16-17 inches in eye guard + extra off the G3 alone.
Whitetail 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ll echo what everybody else has said about the muley. Those eyeguards are gonna drive his score up quite a bit. He’s gotta be pushing 180” IMO. That yard buck probably won’t score well but he’s a helluva buck. Looks pretty damn old

I would say 180 and 135.

I would also say they tend to be about 15"-20" smaller than estimated when they are finally mounted on my wall.

Please the post the score after you get it done, these are always fun. Its pretty hard to judge it based on the angles. Its a pretty buck, but could be one of those that looks bigger than it is, which I think is it. I'd guess it nets high 160's grosses around 175.
You might be incorrect on that. His back forks are impressive also. I asked my friend to take a couple side shots that show the nice deep forks.

I'm guessing on the muley...but I would say in the 170's.

The think the whitetail is at least in the 130's because of the trash.

Both nice bucks!

I’m going mid 170s on the muley...he’s a pretty buck! Whitetail, hard to tell with how unique/trashy he is but I’m going to say low 120s. Anxious to hear what the muley actually scores.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back