MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

White sheep in my sights

Very nice ram Bambistew, congrats! TB, sheep season is still on for another 21 days bud, don't give up yet! I'm going this weekend to see if I can locate 1 for the wife and I.

Wish I could but I don't live on the mainland so I can't just take off for an extended weekend. Good luck to you and the wife if you get out.

Age... Well the bio aged him at 7, then changed her mind to 9, then to 8, then to 10, and finally wrote it down as 9... ;)

I get 10 from that last pic as well. The outfitter we always BS with in AK always turns them up side down to count. Seems to work better.

If you have seen "White Sheep Black Shale" portion on aging he does hit 4 before he starts down on the curve. Just a interesting note.

The bio that aged my brothers sheep shared with us how he was taught. You flip them over like dink mentioned and then feel for the grooves that have definite angles to them. That might not make sense until you actually try it. You'll notice that the "true" rings have a definite slant or angle to them and the false rings are just round. If you use your thumbnail as your moving around the horn you can really feel the different angle ones. I found it interesting and helpful trying it out on some skulls while I'll was up there. The "lambs tip" obviously doesn't really have the "angle" thing but the rest will.

Ivan,

Fine story (as per usual), critters, and pics....and compliments on the company you're keeping these days.

Its nice to wake up the first morning to rams feeding in your 'back yard'. One was a 3/4 curl, the other was a little dinker. This happened 2 mornings in a row.

picture.php

Kind of hard to make them out one is on the skyline.

Back