Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

White Moose

Calif. Hunter

Here are some pictures of a white cow moose my brother sent me. It's from Idaho.

sept2002012.jpg

sept2002200.jpg

When I saw the title "White Moose" I thought you had another photo of Oscar with his pants down

I thought I heard once that white moose are not all that rare when compared to albino deer or something. Because they are not albino but something else. It appears to me that this moose doesn't have pink eyes. As you can see I'm not an expert on this so I'd like to hear what others may have heard.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 10-30-2002 10:58: Message edited by: The_Yetty ]</font>

In the spirit of the Ninja, and WW, "that moose is so sweet I wanna crap my pants!"

Too bad its not a big bull. I guess a big white one with antlers wouldn't last very long!?

I actually photographed a white cow moose while guideing in alaska. The framed picture is on greenhorns wall. The one I saw had alot more dark pigment around the eyes and feet. Alaska fish and game says one in 100,000 will be white. Pretty freaky to see.

Should a person shoot it or saddle it!!! Cool pic. I wonder if there was a subspecies that lived up north sometime in the past. It'd have heller snow camo!!!!

I would hang it on the wall, cow or not. Just for the novelty of it all...Nice pick..Good find thanks.. :D

Cool pictures. FYI, This cow is in Unit 76, the south side of tincup creek drainage according to the locals.

Yes there are cow moose hunts in that unit, but F&G have declared her off limits.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back