PEAX Equipment

White Death.....

Hopefully you have better luck with your Vortex scope than I have had with the last two I bought.
I have three older models ,one Diamondback, two Vipers. They are great scopes and were at a good price.
But I bought a couple Diamondback tactical this year. Neither would hold zero.

Hopefully you have better luck with your Vortex scope than I have had with the last two I bought.
I have three older models ,one Diamondback, two Vipers. They are great scopes and were at a good price.
But I bought a couple Diamondback tactical this year. Neither would hold zero.
I have three on different rifles and have had zero issues. If you have any issues with your scopes Vortex will make it right. If you live near a Scheels, we are a partner so you can bring the scope in tell us the issue, and we can exchange right there while we send back to Vortex.

I have three on different rifles and have had zero issues. If you have any issues with your scopes Vortex will make it right. If you live near a Scheels, we are a partner so you can bring the scope in tell us the issue, and we can exchange right there while we send back to Vortex.
Vortex give incentives to the store based on sales? mtmuley

Vortex give incentives to the store based on sales? mtmuley
Just what the mark up/profit is and they build a Scheel's branded rifle scope for us similar to the Viper line(low volume and we don't get many) that is part of the partnership that allows us to take any warranty issues. The closest to incentives for the store are that they actually come out to do training, fund range days in conjunction with that (for instance the 1100 yd range they set up for us) and exposing us to their entire line while letting us compare to others stuff. By comparison Leupold's approach was to send one guy (who we set aside a 3 hour training block with our ENTIRE gun department-about 15 folks getting paid) that showed up 45 min late and just long enough to dump a bunch of swag on a table and invite us to "read up" on their website. There is a lot of the Leupold stuff I like (especially the color fidelity on the higher end stuff and relative lightweight of hunting scopes) but their retail approach, especially with respect to anything involving electronics, is lackluster. None of the other optics manufacturers have come out or done anything at all to give us any training or information on their products.

Just what the mark up/profit is and they build a Scheel's branded rifle scope for us similar to the Viper line(low volume and we don't get many) that is part of the partnership that allows us to take any warranty issues. The closest to incentives for the store are that they actually come out to do training, fund range days in conjunction with that (for instance the 1100 yd range they set up for us) and exposing us to their entire line while letting us compare to others stuff. By comparison Leupold's approach was to send one guy (who we set aside a 3 hour training block with our ENTIRE gun department-about 15 folks getting paid) that showed up 45 min late and just long enough to dump a bunch of swag on a table and invite us to "read up" on their website. There is a lot of the Leupold stuff I like (especially the color fidelity on the higher end stuff and relative lightweight of hunting scopes) but their retail approach, especially with respect to anything involving electronics, is lackluster. None of the other optics manufacturers have come out or done anything at all to give us any training or information on their products.
Great. mtmuley

Finally got to take Simo to the range today. For ammo I had a 150gr box of Normas for the break in and getting in the general vicinity of the bulleyes, and then 180grs in Federal soft tips, Remington e tip boat tails and Nosler Ballistic tips......all of the 180s I could find. I tried groups in the corners (3 shot groups with a minute between shots and then full cool down between ammo brands) to see what it liked best..... 1) Nosler pretty clearly 2) Remington not bad but not good enough 3) Federal soft points it did NOT like. After that I went for the actual zero trying to be as economical as possible since I only have 1 box. In the pic you will see the first 3 shot clovered a little high......I dialed it down just a bit and the last shot is the dead center. I have 9 rounds left so HOPEFULLY I can find some more to have on hand. Also confirmed the '06 was good and put 60 rounds through the AR. Good day at the range before it got really hot.

Attachments

• Zero.jpg
    Zero.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Finally got to take Simo to the range today. For ammo I had a 150gr box of Normas for the break in and getting in the general vicinity of the bulleyes, and then 180grs in Federal soft tips, Remington e tip boat tails and Nosler Ballistic tips......all of the 180s I could find. I tried groups in the corners (3 shot groups with a minute between shots and then full cool down between ammo brands) to see what it liked best..... 1) Nosler pretty clearly 2) Remington not bad but not good enough 3) Federal soft points it did NOT like. After that I went for the actual zero trying to be as economical as possible since I only have 1 box. In the pic you will see the first 3 shot clovered a little high......I dialed it down just a bit and the last shot is the dead center. I have 9 rounds left so HOPEFULLY I can find some more to have on hand. Also confirmed the '06 was good and put 60 rounds through the AR. Good day at the range before it got really hot.
Looks like good shooting to me!!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back