Caribou Gear

While mom's away...

Outdooraddict

Had a Mr. Mom weekend. Still love football season!- Friday games really free up the weekend (unlike wrestling tourneys). Asked the kids what they wanted to do and both wanted to go 4-wheeling and hunting (Excellent!). So, we head out on the 4 wheeler and enjoy some scenery. Saw some animals and had a great time. Next day, on the way back, we ran into a flock of turkeys just on the outside of the private. So, we hike a little ways toward the fence line and all around the property. After picking various flowers (daughter) and shooting the bb gun (son), I call it a trip and we head back to the vehicle. Climbing up the hill was tough, but I was pretty proud of the little one sticking with it- with a handful of flowers and "pretty rocks". Get about 1/4 mile to the road, and see a small flock. I put on the kids earmuffs, walk up, and sneak just over a hill looking down into a little draw. Shoot the first one I can, turns out to be a little Tom. Kids are excited, I'm having fun watching- crossing my fingers that they still want to go with dad when they are older.

Attachments

• IMG_0788.JPG
    IMG_0788.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 455
  • IMG_0793.jpg
    IMG_0793.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_0803.JPG
    IMG_0803.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 467
Those trips are fun aren't they. I hope my boys continue to enjoy the outdoor lifestyle down the road also.

Being Mr. Mom makes you Mr. Cool. Good times there, your kids will not forget it.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back