Which OTC species has eluded you the longest?

Black Bear. Thats the only thing I have actively hunted and not tagged yet. Probably 0-3/4 on PA black bears? Of course I see them often when it's not bear season :oops:

Not saying I am a great hunter by any means, just that I have gone out specifically for bear, with a bear tag, and never filled it.

There are tons of other species I have never tagged, but I have never actually hunted them before, so I guess we are even at this point??

Turkeys, I'm a terrible turkey hunter and hunt in a crowded area
Black bear, haven't really made a big effort, always busier with elk/deer...maybe this year
Mt. lion, but I do this on foot in the snow without dogs

Black bear. I’m good and finding sows with cubs or grizzlies. Haven’t went in a few years. Might try to get back out west this coming spring

Cottontail. Never made it a priority but am somewhat ashamed that I “ain’t never shot a rabbit...”

The only thing I buy a tag for but have never killed is a black bear, though I haven’t really made an honest effort at it. I always buy the tag just in case, but I’ve probably only really attempted to hunt a couple of days while also hunting other things. Thinking maybe this next year I’ll actually make a trip and put in some time.

Cow elk I am 0-6 I can get bull elk all day long but somehow the ladies elude me. I am also 0-3 on spot and stalk mountain lion.

I have hung more OTC elk tags then any other. So far I seem to do ok on OTC moose I’m 1/2. But OTC elk I’m 1/4 or 5

PA black bear. Our group has had success on multiple occasions but they never seem to cross my path.

Above timberline velvet mule deer. I put it off too long and now with the effects of Covid I will never be able to hike up there :confused:

I’ve taken a “good” representative animal of all our OTC tags in Idaho except a wolf. I’ve always thought I would get one while hunting for other animals in the fall, but I think I will have to make a dedicated winter hunt if I want to finally get one.

So far it has been bear. I finally got my first one about a week ago after 2 years of hard hunting every season. I have never flipped out like I did after that kill.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back