Which one.

7mm win mag?
I must been typin sleepin...should be 300 win mag. That was my main rifle before I had to sell everything to pay for wife's hospital bills. Now shooting 700 CDL 30-06. Main problem with the 300 win mag is loud and kicks back hard. But if you can handle that it is very accurate and if you hit an elk or deer they aint getting back up. Blew a 3 inch hole in a badger I shot for a farmer. The Rem 7mm mag I am also considering because it has less recoil and lighter on my already damaged hearing but longer range than my 30-06.

Haven't actually owned an '06. 300WinMag, as I got it primarily for elk, and it shoots so well I use it for everything. With Barnes it doesn't mess up much meat at all with good shot placement. None of those "high shoulder shots" so popular on some groups.

I want to do a poll with opinions. No bashing someone's opinion unless they say 6.5 as an option. Which of these four calibers would you choose and why? Looking at what you feel is the best all-around. .270, 30-06, 7mm or 300 win mag. Say nothing about accubonds, mystery ranch metcalf or leupold. I know there has been similar threads comparing one against the other.

30-06 without questions.

Easy to find ammo. Relatively low recoiling round, will kill anything that walks at any reasonable range.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back