Caribou Gear

Which Luepold reticle?

I’ve really warmed up to the windplex myself. Not the best for paper punching as it’s kind of a heavy reticle but it’s been ideal in low light for my 64 year old eyes. Shit; 67 today. Eyes aren’t the only thing going south.

Last edited:
They finally released a small amount a couple weeks ago. The Chip shortage is effecting all items and the firedot is not exception.
Ohhhh…I gotcha now. Thank you for elaborating. I need to purchase a Leupold scope for some longer range hunting in the near future, preferably with a red dot.

I looked down a VX3-HD with the Boone and Crocket reticle. That was not to bad.
Can you elaborate a little more. I am looking for a scope with a bdc reticle. I had a bad experience with a vx2 with a cds dial and stay away from leupold but this reticle seems closer to what I want.

Can you elaborate a little more. I am looking for a scope with a bdc reticle. I had a bad experience with a vx2 with a cds dial and stay away from leupold but this reticle seems closer to what I want.
I was looking more at clarity and not bdc marks. It was a bit a go now. I do remember the marks being clear but in my opinion if you really prefer a bdc still scope something like the Vortex Viper HS might be a better starting point. Leupold scopes shine with their CDS systems from everything I have heard but if you have had a bad experience with them and want to go a bdc style scope it may be worthwhile to look at the other options.

I was looking more at clarity and not bdc marks. It was a bit a go now. I do remember the marks being clear but in my opinion if you really prefer a bdc still scope something like the Vortex Viper HS might be a better starting point. Leupold scopes shine with their CDS systems from everything I have heard but if you have had a bad experience with them and want to go a bdc style scope it may be worthwhile to look at the other options.
Thanks for the reply. The bdc on the Boone and Crockett reticle has subtensions that line up better with my preferred load then the vortex bdc does. Still looking at both leupold and vortex as well as other options.

I have a Vx3 and VX5HD both with windplex reticles. If you want to shoot elk and deer in the wind and keep things relatively simple, this is the one

Attachments

• 8FEE2A76-76EC-43F5-8FC2-C22974DD3146.jpeg
    8FEE2A76-76EC-43F5-8FC2-C22974DD3146.jpeg
    444.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6