Which gun??

Which 300 win mag with factory muzzle brake and weatherproofing?

• Total voters
I told @noharleyyet this Sako needed to be the default answer to “which rifle” when it was $699, now it’s $479 in .270, .30-06, and .308. You will not find a better deal ever.

Edit, they are all gone. That would have been an absolute steal.
Yeah there was 54 different rifles on Clearance on the Cabela’s/Bass Pro site that I noticed on Monday night and when I went to order a Rem 700 ADL rifle combo for $169 on Tuesday after work all the calibers were gone. There was a bunch of Rem 700 models, some Savages, couple Tikka, Winchester M70, Kimber, Browning etc...

Yeah there was 54 different rifles on Clearance on the Cabela’s/Bass Pro site that I noticed on Monday night and when I went to order a Rem 700 ADL rifle combo for $169 on Tuesday after work all the calibers were gone. There was a bunch of Rem 700 models, some Savages, couple Tikka, Winchester M70, Kimber, Browning etc...
Sure wish I’d have seen that when it went up! Could have got a stainless 700 for a few hundred bucks. Crazy.

Guy I work with looks at it every single day. He told me when the pistol I wanted was on sale and I went there that afternoon, got the last one. Stuff goes fast.

Sure wish I’d have seen that when it went up! Could have got a stainless 700 for a few hundred bucks. Crazy.
Same here, Even if I didn't want to have a .243 (my Dad has one) the Rem 700 alone would have been easily worth the $168 if I wanted to rebarrel. I do like .243, just thinking 7mm-08 or something with a tad more umph, but wasn't magnum then get a light stock and better trigger. A nice project to try my hand at. Of course that is a whole other expensive rabbit hole, but an interesting one. I sent them an email and all they sent back to me was a survey. Ugh. lol

As an example there is a Browning X-Bolt Long Range Stalker in 6.5 CM for $589 down from $850 and it says Free to Ship to Store, doesn't say out of stock yet. But that is what it said when I tried to order that Rem 700 ADL combo in .243 for $169, until I put in all my info and hit place order then it told me there was no inventory for that item. Your luck may vary, just have to get on the site, pick the model and caliber and see if it potentially still available. Most of the popular big boomer calibers and your 6.5 and .308s are taken. But worth a look.

What characteristics are you looking for? I would go with X-bolt from that list. A 3 position safety or bolt lock is on my list which means the X-Bolt or Weatherby. Would have to double check Howa. Some have 3 position safety.

What characteristics are you looking for? I would go with X-bolt from that list. A 3 position safety or bolt lock is on my list which means the X-Bolt or Weatherby. Would have to double check Howa. Some have 3 position safety.

Well, assuming all are accurate which is generally true nowadays.

Must:
Factory muzzle brake
Weatherproof barrel
Adjustable or light factory trigger

3 position safety
8lbs or less
Detachable mag
Nice recoil pad or limb saver available

Add Tikka T3x Rough Tech $999 to your list, I was impressed.
You own a T3X Roughtech in 300WM? I am weighing options ... will either buy the T3X RoughTech or an X-Bolt Western Hunter. What are your likes/dislikes of the T3X?

You own a T3X Roughtech in 300WM? I am weighing options ... will either buy the T3X RoughTech or an X-Bolt Western Hunter. What are your likes/dislikes of the T3X?
Nope waiting on left hand model to come out. I was just impressed by the price to features ratio. And you know..it's a Tikka very popular to begin with.

Back