Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Which gun??

Which 300 win mag with factory muzzle brake and weatherproofing?

• Total voters

beginnerhunter

Dumb thread but gotta dream about how I'm gonna spend that next Corona check.

Which gun would you buy? It will be chambered in 300 win mag. Wanting a factory muzzle brake and weather resistant barrel which they all have.

Weatherby vanguard first lite $800

Bergara b14 wilderness ridge $850

Custom weatherby vanguard (basically just like the first lite but with a fiberglass stock and aluminum bedding) $950

Browning xbolt helps canyon speed $1070

Christensen Mesa $1175

Will take other suggestions. Thanks!

Edit add:
Tikka t3x veil $1100
Howa RN edition $1700

Last edited:
Oh ok I didnt see one for that price. Seemed a little pricey for a tikka.
It has a break, fluted bolt, fluted barrel, enlarged bolt handle, and a little bit nicer stock with spiderwebbing...pretty solid for a $200-300 increase in price.

-No opinion on Weatherby's I haven't shot them enough.
-The Ridge is nice but it is heavy as F!
-Personally I wouldn't get a "custom" $600 rifle
-Browning Hell's Canyon is solid, again I just like the Tikka more
-Mesa is nice but I'd argue you are getting more for your money with the Tikka

I vote for a Weatherby or Bergara! I have no experience with Tikkas. Lifetime warranties really sway my decisions nowadays. I like how Weatherby stands by their products. Take a look at the Weatherby Vanguard Backcountry! That thing has treated me well!
20200617_073637.jpg

I vote for a Weatherby or Bergara! I have no experience with Tikkas. Lifetime warranties really sway my decisions nowadays. I like how Weatherby stands by their products. Take a look at the Weatherby Vanguard Backcountry! That thing has treated me well!
View attachment 147100

Yeah the backcountry is nice but no muzzle brake and really light for a 300 win mag. My wittle shoulder would get sore.

The weatherby has some nice premium features and I like the 3 position safety. But the 2 stage trigger seems like another thing to think about when hunting, don't know if I like that.

The bergara is kinda like a souped up 700 and that's not a bad thing. I'm not a fan of those soft touch stocks tho after what happened to browning.

You shoulda made this a poll for people to vote! My vote would be for the weatherby first lite my self

Look at the Randy Howa package. That's a great package with a muzzle brake! Just cut beer for a few months and make up the $300 difference.

Sorry I went back and read the OP. I recant my suggestion of the backcountry and now say the RN Howa package!

Just remembered meateater absorbed first lite. So weatherby has 2 meateater rifles, essentially...I didnt get the impression they were looking to sell when they were on the podcast, but it does make one wonder 🤔

Last edited:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardMargarine
Back