Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Which do you fear most?

What is your greatest corner-crossing fear?

• Total voters

Pucky Freak

As we all know by now, corner crossing is seriously dangerous business. Chances are either your life will be permanently ruined by Ted or Phil’s stable of stud attorneys, or you will have a limb or head sawn off by a psychopathic airspace owner. I’m still not exactly sure how I managed to hop a WY corner twice in 2020 totally unscathed…

There is this spot I like to go around here that has one legal entrance each, to two checkerboard style 640 acre state land parcels. The first leaves you at an obvious fence line, that dozens of folks still corner cross at to get to the other piece. I come in from the second parcel, so that not only do I get to check out that whole piece as I can diagonal almost thru the center. When I get to “my corner” it has an obvious pair of stakes that if you stay between, would be the legal access route. Last season my wife’s uncle did just what everyone else does and corner hopped it and got himself a nice cow elk… My biggest fear is that when I go about doing it the right way I’ll either A) get into it with some asshole cheating his way to the elk or B) be in the shitstorm having to prove my innocence when all the people back there get popped.. mainly worried about the other hunters that don’t care to follow the rules… I’ve heard some crazy stories about dudes arguing over elk. And I’ve had my first elk claimed by another. Shitty deal. Follow the rules even if it’s a little farther…

Shooting a really big animal and having FG or the cops waiting there for me when I get back. Would really throw a wet blanket on the whole thing!

What is corner crossing anyhow ?
In many states you cannot cross from the corner of one public section to another without a direct easement. Some post their fence with a gap just for the visitor. Many do not. It is considered A trespass of private “airspace” between the two properties

Attachments

• B5ED26D4-76F7-4CA3-8491-39A33FF7D010.png
    B5ED26D4-76F7-4CA3-8491-39A33FF7D010.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 16
I would love to see a county prosecutor try to prove trespassing. Maybe some whack job is using game cams to provide evidence, or taking pictures of tracks? Why would I be worried about billionaires attorneys? Are they taking disrespectful law breaking rabble rousers to civil court?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back