Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Which dehydrator?

TimeOnTarget

Looking at getting a new dehydrator. I've got one of the round ones that trays stack on and then you set the fan on top. I believe its a Nesco brand.

I'm sick of only being able to do a couple pounds of meat at a time and then having to rotate trays to get them to dry evenly.

Looking to get into one of the ones that looks like a mini fridge.

I was going to order one of the cabelas 80L commercial ones this morning but the lady pissed me off so i didn't. Well she wouldn't let me order one actually but that's another story.

Now i got to researching them a bit and found out that the cabelas ones are made in china, but they do have a lifetime warranty. Another brand i came across was excalibur dehydrators, which are American made and have a 10 year warranty.
The Cabelas one has a 1400 watt heater vs a 500 or 600 watt heater.
I'll spend a few hundred (300ish)on a good one that will last.

Which one is the one to get?

Last edited:
I bought that Cabelas commercial grade 80L and it's amazing. Worth every penny! It's one of the only dehydrator that gets to a true 160

I have had my 9 tray Excalibur for about 30 years now, only had to replace the heating coil once and a tray once. I also bought 3 of the stainless steel mesh trays.

I have heavily used mine all these years for fruits, vegetables and meat - family of 6 originally, big garden, kids are all grown now with kids of their own. And I still have the dehydrator!

Good to hear so far, If only the cabelas lady would have let me buy one...:confused:

I've got one of the nesco deals as well. Works fine, but it's definitely not a set and forget unit. I'm gonna have to look into these excaliber units.

We have a ten tray lemon dehydrater with timer and adjustable temp works pretty good

I have the cabelas commercial 160 liter. Its seems like a bit overkill but we do about 120 lbs of deer and close to the same with geese every year with it into jerky. I have no complaints works great and has a lifetime gaurantee.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/CABE...gclid=CNrOh-SdxtQCFU64wAodUCwIMA&gclsrc=aw.ds

And its on sale right now, along with many other cabelas dehydrators.

I ended up with the 80L commerical one. I've done a bunch of fruit and probably 40lbs or jerky or so. No complaints here either but the verdict is still out until I really put it through its paces.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back