MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Which decoy

smw110136

I drew a tag last year and managed to kill my first antelope buck with a smoke pole. I was using open sights, so I wasn't going to take a shot outside 100 yards. I hunted a total of 6 days, over 2 long weekends, tagging out my last day. I was hunting during the rut and I was surprised at how effective the decoy I used was on bringing bucks into range. I'm not ashamed to say I missed a buck the second day of my hunt at about 60 yards (blaming that on buck fever :D). But the hunt was such a learning experience that I am going to try it with a bow this year. I liked the MT decoy I was using, but it was a little tough in high winds. I have looked into HeadsUp and also Be The Decoy products. Just wondering what kind of success anyone has had with these products (I have seen the OYOA episode with Be The Decoy), and if there is another thread with this topic already posted, I'll continue looking for it.

Just depends on the animals. If they are heavily pressured it seems like the decoys dont' work as well IMO.

Makes me nervous to be directly behind a realistic game animal decoy during any firearms season, and still a bit leery even durning archery only seasons.

I have used "be the decoy" for the past two years and have been successful. I just hate carrying that extra decoy along while crawling. There is a learning curve with "be the decoy"... how fast to stalk, what type of animals are most apt to decoy & how to act when wearing the hat.

good luck to all
the dog

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bonasababy
Back