Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Which Brass for 6.5 CM?

longbow51

Not sure I can mention websites, but pretty good sale going on brass now. With 2 wars and Vista selling some lines off shore, want to stock up. Doing a new build with 8 twist Bartlein for Hammer bullets; I'll talk to Steve after hunting season about which exact bullet; the HHTs look interesting, and it looks like they have used them in Australia.

Anyway, Lapua, Peterson, ADG, Alpha? I think Steve mentioned a particular brand in the past, but I can't remember. Cost essentially the same. Also Alpha, which have small rifle primer pockets in addition to LR. That's new to me.

Thoughts?

Those are all good brands. From what I’ve gathered lapua has a little higher case capacity than alpha, Peterson, and ADG which I like in that case. Small primers are nice because you’ll likely never get loose primer pockets no matter how many times you shoot them. Large rifle primers are more forgiving in cold temps and with harder to ignite ball powder where you might get occasional hang fires with SRP.

Personally, I’d go lapua LRP as first choice off what limited I know but others who have used em all or multiples might be able to weigh in.

I don’t have a 6.5CM but I’ve been using Lapua brass in my 6.5 PRC and ADG in my .300 RUM and .300 PRC.

I’ve been very happy with both brands. I initially sat down with all 3 batches to weight sort, but gave up as all were very consistent after the first 20.

Scheel's put Lapua on sale, solving that problem. Also, CCI primers 15% off, so stocking up with the sale of Vista shooting stuff.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back