Caribou Gear

Where would you rather hunt elk?

SWMontana1

Would you rather hunt elk around the Bozeman area/vicinity or the Kalispell area? (which is better in your opinion?)

I have hunted around Bozeman for about 15 years. Just got transfered to Loveland, CO for a case and now it looks like the final move will be either back to Bozeman or Kalispell (my choice). Kalispell pays a little more...... long story short, elk hunting will be my determining factor :D

Any insight is appreciated! Thanks!

Just looking at success rates on the FWP website, success rates are much higher in the Bozeman area.

Go where there are less people unless you like hunting around others cause in Bozeman you run into every Tom,Dick, and Harry, not my preferred choice of hunting.

Both are great and both have drawbacks:

Great overall hunting...lots of wolves.
Beautiful country...lots of yuppies.
Higher wages...higher cost of living.

Good luck on your decision.

There's plenty of places just outside of Bozeman to hunt where you won't see another soul 99% of the time. I'm guessing Golfer hunts out of his golf cart, which is why he runs into Tom, Dick, and Harry so much ;)

There's plenty of places just outside of Bozeman to hunt where you won't see another soul 99% of the time. I'm guessing Golfer hunts out of his golf cart, which is why he runs into Tom, Dick, and Harry so much ;)

LOL! Too funny!

Elk hunting around Kalispell is a joke compared to Bozeman. No brainer.

I grew up there, so I should know.

Many from the Kalispell area go to SW MT to hunt elk every year. I've NEVER heard of someone leaving Bozeman and traveling up to Kalispell to hunt elk...that right there should tell you all you need to know.

The guys I know from the Kalispell area drive at least 2 hours for the majority of their elk hunting. A couple of them usually get their bulls within an hour of bozeman.

Come on SWMt you don't want to stay in Loveland! Front range sucks don't it. I can't wait to get out of here, 2 years 6 months tick tock tick tock.

Come on SWMt you don't want to stay in Loveland! Front range sucks don't it. I can't wait to get out of here, 2 years 6 months tick tock tick tock.

Loveland is awful.... I have been here two months and can't stand it (born in raised in Bozeman though). I have six more months here. Will be back in MT the beginning of September, just in time!! I always thought Kalispell was comparable to Bozeman for elk hunting... apparently I was wrong. Looks like I will be headed back to Bozeman then! (the wife had the final say... But I'm not sure what I was exactly looking for in maybe looking for Kalispell, why ruin a good thing in Bozeman... 13 for 13 on getting a bull... see you in September Bozeman!)

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back