Where would you move?

I would have to say Salt Lake City. Great airport connections. Close to mountains. A lot shorter winters than here in Kalispell Mt (I see someone suggested Kalsipell - not sure why) where winter starts in October and ends in May, and we have to fly to Salt Lake or Seattle to get anywhere else.

OP, no BAH in retirement. Cities with affordable cities are nice. I'll likely end up where kids end up (after we drug them across country and around world their whole lives) but city shopping can be fun. You're in for real so good luck.

Welcome to the Blue Card Mafia......it continues to get better after 5 years (almost) for me :) If CO is on the short list I will flip the script a bit. I also second the "stay away from Denver" sentiment. Expensive, waaaaay to many Cali transplants, horrible traffic. I am in the Springs (retired from Carson) and love it here BUT I was able to buy a house 8 years ago. Real estate is now getting a bit pricey ( the value of my house has gone up +-35% in that time) but no where near Denver crazy. I would suggest going up the pass to Woodland Park. A lot more bang for your buck, public land all around and most amenities. You can be from there to the COS airport in about 45 minutesish. The airport is a breeze to get in and out of, several flights a day to Denver for connections. Food for thought.

I’ll second (or third?) the Salt Lake area since you mentioned major airport as a top priority. It’s basically what Denver was 30 years ago before everyone moved there and ruined it. Traffic is getting somewhat bad in the southern burbs, but I live 20 miles east of the SLC and 30 miles from the airport which is on the west side of town. 30-40 minutes to the airport, consistently - a trip I do 2-3 times per month. If you’re interested in the area, I’ve got a 3 acre lot in a rural development that I’m considering selling. PM me for details.

Funny this thread came up. We are in Cheyenne this entire week looking at small ranches around here and Laramie. Did Casper in Sept, Cody last Jan. No luck on finding what we wanted. We're looking at a few promising places this week though. Logistically with the area being close to Denver helps a lot for us being able to fly out.

Back