Where to find replacement front action bolt/screw

Yes that is correct the trigger guard on the Ruger American is part of the stock. I have been contemplating making a Walnut stock for mine. I have made several stocks and it is alot of work. The Ruger having the intergrated guard is a head ache to add to the situation.
I have made cast aluminum guards for a Ruger m77 Tang safety rifle and a win. m70. That is plenty of work in itself and not worth the trouble if one can be purchased for 30-40 bucks.
I was considering making mine a blind magazine or a hinged floor plate.
Probably not worth the trouble and time. The Boyd's is the way I may go if I decide to change it.
But mine shoots very well as is. Just something my son and I always talked about doing together. He ,as I do, liked a beautiful Walnut stock with rich grain and figuring.
Those types of stocks are expensive and not really available for inexpensive rifle models. So it is just one of the 500 projects I have on a maybe to do some day list.
Wasn't aware Boyd's trigger guard was made by them. I guess it may be an option to purchase theirs and. Inlet it to something I make.
Thanks anyway. May not be something I ever actually do for that rifle.
I still have a half finished stock I started for a model seven that I have. At the rate I'm going it will be two years till I get it completed.
Good to know the Boyd's is metal. I imagine it is aluminum and not steel though. Not that it matters that much to me. Aluminum is probably a better material on average unless it is that crappy alloy white metal used to make alot of guards out there.
I wish I was as skilled at typing, texting ,or any of this other online stuff. I keep having to edit my posts so people can understand me. Even then I don't do a good job of communicating what I'm trying to say sometimes.
Sorry for any confusion.
I can make or fix.most anything but, can't post pictures or text with more than one finger. Takes some time to converse like that sometimes.
I may be a hopeless project myself on tech like texting.

Last edited:
I needed a rear tang screw for a 788 I came into a number of years ago. The right one had been lost and the one in was some kind of horror show. Gunsmith god me a new one to replace it, $18! Must be a pretty good screw!

I haven't needed screws or any other hardware like that very often. I imagine that ,if it can't be found at an average hardware store, then a special item for one particular firearm that is not often sold, could be plenty pricey.

I needed a rear tang screw for a 788 I came into a number of years ago. The right one had been lost and the one in was some kind of horror show. Gunsmith god me a new one to replace it, $18! Must be a pretty good screw!

Parts for 788's aren't exactly easy to find. I have one. Easily the most accurate rifle I own with anything I feed it. 40 grain V-max's would print one hole if I was up to it. mtmuley

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ss8
Back