Where to buy powder on line?

Muskeez

Anyone have a good vendor that sells powder on line without outrageous extra fees for hazardous material type shipping charges?

They all have the hazardous material fee. Powder Valley has the best prices in general though from my experiences.

UPS charges the hazardous materials fee. If you have friends that need powder, pool your order together. The charge is the same for 1# as it is for 1 case of 12 cans. Otherwise, buy it from a local store as they buy by the case so that fee is apportioned accordingly. Of course, local stores have expenses and need to make a profit too, plus purchasing local requires paying sales tax.....

I would gladly pay sales tax, and even more per can as I don't burn enough t really make a huge difference in price per trigger pull. The problem is local shops don't carry much if any at all. Just going to have to make a run to a bigger city I guess or suck it up and pay the fees. Thanks guys.

Sometimes online retailers like Midway, Grafs, and Midsouth waive the HazMat fees for minimum orders. I would subscribe to a bunch of email lists, get 2-3 guys together and plan on ordering a bunch of powder and some primers when you see someone offering that deal. As we get closer to Black Friday it will more than likely happen. I did it last year on an order from Graf's and they even let me add black powder to the order.

Would the local shop be willing to add your powder to the next order?

I've had good luck with Third Generation Shooting Supply.

The trick to ordering online is to order enough so that the hazmat and shipping equal out. For me, that's usually a 10 pound order. Minimum.

Grant's point on keeping up with retailers is very good advice.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back