Where to Buy OTC Archery Tag after start of season?

gwhunter

So I'm taking a last-minute(ish) trip for OTC archery in CO and I procrastinated on buying the tag before the start of season and when I saw the warning online that it was going to take up to 21 business days for the mail I just figured I would buy the tag once I got to Colorado. But I rewatched a couple of FreshTracks & Elk 101 episodes on Colorado and they were saying that once the season starts you have to buy the tag at a P&W office. But on the P&W website it says I can buy it at any license dealer (Walmart, gas-station, etc.). Can anyone confirm for a non-resident OTC Elk tag if I have to buy it at an actual P&W office or can I buy it at any vendor after the start of the season (This Friday to be specific)? I would hate to show up to Walmart after the close of business on a Friday and have to wait until business hours on Monday because I didn't plan accordingly. Thanks in advance!

Can anyone confirm if this change means I CAN get them at walmart/flyshop? I'm probably going to call P&W tomorrow. Just thought I'd see if the collective here could keep me from having to wait through their automated phone service.

1631493915299.png

Just got off the phone with P&W and new this year, you can get your license after the start of season at any license vendor.

Thanks @Redman for the reminder about Hunter Ed.! We don't have to carry ours with us when we hunt so it's been buried in a filing cabinet at my parents house since I was 11!

If
Just got off the phone with P&W and new this year, you can get your license after the start of season at any license vendor.

Thanks @Redman for the reminder about Hunter Ed.! We don't have to carry ours with us when we hunt so it's been buried in a filing cabinet at my parents house since I was 11!
If you do end up going to CPW office have them enter your proof of hunter ed and you will no longer have to worry about it for Colorado.

If

If you do end up going to CPW office have them enter your proof of hunter ed and you will no longer have to worry about it for Colorado.
Thanks for the tip! I thought I saw something about this in the regs, but just kind of brushed over it.

Thanks for the tip! I thought I saw something about this in the regs, but just kind of brushed over it.
I took some guys out there on there first archery elk hunt and reminded them over and over not to forget their hunter ed card...guess who forgot their card? Yep this guy and I am a hunter ed instructor! The people at the CDOW were great and called Indiana and put me in as verified so I didn't screw that up again!

There is always a line at cabela's license counter when they open. Should be able to purchase anywhere that sells licenses. PEACE

Back