Where is all the ammo?

I contributed to the hoarding yesterday by buying a couple of boxes of 22 WMR.

It was like a Black Friday sale at Macy's. I thought there were going to be fist fights.

I walked into bass pro Denver today mid afternoon and they had a pretty good selection. Most reloading supplies minus powder. A pretty good variety of calibers. Not a lot of variety in each caliber but something in most calibers. Even 420 round cans of .556 and boxes 9mm hollow points.

My brother gave me a .22 250 in November. We live in Fargo and Bozeman. There was not a single box of .22 250 shells in Fargo/Moorhead. I didn’t worry much about it as we were driving to Bozeman the following week & surely I would find some there. Although I didn’t try every small store, I tried all the big box stores. No luck. Finally I found some in Kensal, North Dakota. Now I can go coyote hunting.

Though I'm pretty well supplied with ammo and components - I'm concerned that this shortage may become a long-term thing. Accordingly I'm cutting back on my shooting, particularly my center-fire shooting. Not real worried about rimfire, have lots of that on hand, but still... It too could be exhausted.

Substituting my air rifle & my bows. I like archery just as well as shooting my firearms.

Guy

I contributed to the hoarding yesterday by buying a couple of boxes of 22 WMR.

It was like a Black Friday sale at Macy's. I thought there were going to be fist fights.
Anyone have any idea of the time and cost to switch production from one cartridge to another? Why waste resources on oddball stuff?

Okay, sarcasm on the 6.5 Creed ammo... HT joke for all the haters.

The primers are worth their weight in gold, I would not even give them to my son. No worries of flooding the primer market. I need those 10k small and large rifle primes for reloading.

Don't gouge fellow loaders. Not cool. mtmuley
Next time I will add the "HAHA" emoji for the sarcasm. I wouldn't sell any of my powder, primers, or brass with the shortage in full swing. If anything I will be buying more casing to load more 300 PRC cartridges. I heard Peterson and Alpha brass are able to keep up with demand in all but the most exotic casing options. Primers and powder is the real shortage for reloaders right now.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back