Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Where does your state and county rank?

Hilljackoutlaw

Does your county suck at social distancing? Check and see for yourself.

My county gets an F. Don't surprise me. I hole up all week and go into town to pick up supplies just to find nobody is listening. People all over the place like everything is normal. We only have one case but it would be nice to keep it that way.

Today CO Gov Polis called out El Paso county/CO Springs for having a high fatality rate, said we need to do better @ locking down, staying home around here. That is comforting:eek:

I live in Wyoming and a lot of people have a 100 mile a day plus round trip commute. So it's a no shitter we aren't staying in place. But when we travel places we tend to like places where there aren't many people.

Today CO Gov Polis called out El Paso county/CO Springs for having a high fatality rate, said we need to do better @ locking down, staying home around here. That is comforting:eek:

Yeah, I'm not sure why he did that after acknowledging the death rate was largely due to the smaller demographic groups (elderly) like the bridge club that were exposed. The rate of tested positive cases is half of what it is in Denver...

We have the 2nd highest case rates per 100,000 people in this county currently( Yes we are beating Denver)!. Brought to you by the ski industry and its pesky world wide ski passes. They did however, come to their senses early and seemed to shut down the whole shitteree early compared to the rest of the US.

It's strange, no one is going to work but I see people walking by the house I had no idea lived in this neighborhood.

47 year old guy here in town died last week, 3 kids and a wife. Some seriously crazy shit.

Last edited:
Could not get the thingy to work,but I do know Catron Co. has no cases of Covid-19 ,so far.
Isolation in an isolated place can be 2 edged sword. Free thinkers ,who sometimes don't think .
100 mi anyway to any hospital, in a county with a few clinics and no Emergency Management Response Plan. I was on the response team for 10 years in my old county of residence.
Not comforting when a senior nurse I know says she fears for what can happen here. They are in no way equiped.

B! No cases YET, but we're the smallest county in the state. I'm still driving 50 miles one way to work every day. Essential and all... :rolleyes:

We must suck because the governor issued a “stay at home” order with the exception of work at an essential employer or the purchase of food and medicine.

Last edited:
I dont think that's a good variable by which to judge social distancing. You could probably make a map of population density and it would be similar (higher density -> less travel -> better social distancing. Voila!). For example, a rural county in my state probably has a lot of Ag workers who still have to go out into the fields (selfish stupid Ag workers, you get an F!). Yet my urban county gets a C even though I see plenty of people still congregating. People in my county just aren't driving to their non-essential jobs (or they are working from home) while their teenage kids are hanging out having a big ole time.

Hey look a survey where Louisiana isn’t the worst on the list!
.....except in cases per capita where we’re number 3 right behind New York and New Jersey which both have As on this list

This tracker is inherently missing a lot especially in rural states where travel to get basic necessities can often be 50+ miles. Also, while I'm staying home and away from others I am still going outside. I drive about 12 miles to a very vacant piece of BLM and run around like a crazy fool. I literally can't be more socially distant but it shows I'm being irresponsible.

Couldn't get it to work for me but I'm sure we're getting F's here. I went to my in-laws property this past weekend and the traffic seemed to be 95% of normal. Also our stay at home order had a LOT of exceptions.

We got a D. We have 7 cases out of 14,000 people. A lot of people work out of county and we are an instate tourist destination. I’ve never seen our parks as busy as they are right now for April and most of the vehicles are from an hour or more away.

We get an F. We also don't have any cases yet anywhere near us yet.

Back