Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

When is it NOT OK to be a Smart AS$ ?!?!

Moosie

Grand poopa
So, I sent a Email to Someones Lawyer today...... you know, my typical Smart Alec self. After I sent it I figured I would resend a serious one.

Although I was Laughing my A$$ off... I got thinking that might not have been the best place to be a Smart Alec... (Sorry Big Fin ;) )

Tell me some instances that you did that right after wards you were like... "OOPS, That might not fly like I thought it would ... " :)

So, I sent a Email to Someones Lawyer today...... you know, my typical Smart Alec self. After I sent it I figured I would resend a serious one.

Although I was Laughing my A$$ off... I got thinking that might not have been the best place to be a Smart Alec... (Sorry Big Fin ;) )

Tell me some instances that you did that right after wards you were like... "OOPS, That might not fly like I thought it would ... " :)

Lawyers,military and LEO's come to mind when not to be a smart butt. They have no humor and really need to get laid.

One of the biggest faux paux of all time . . . .

On facebook they have these "pieces of flair" (buttons) with slogans and what not. I found one very funny and sent it to a bunch of friends.

It read "Guns don't kill people . . . . huge, gaping holes in vital organs kill people"

I sent it to one of my high school friends only to find out that less than a month earlier her boyfriend had been shot in the head by his ex-wife . . . . . . awkward.

So, I'd say before being a smart alec, make sure the receiving party is open to that kind of thing.

WOW MountainBorn I feel so sorry for you and her. How long did it take you to apoligize to her? How did she take it. I've done dumb stuff like that before. I hope all worked out for you and her. Did she forgive you?

WOW MountainBorn I feel so sorry for you and her. How long did it take you to apoligize to her? How did she take it. I've done dumb stuff like that before. I hope all worked out for you and her. Did she forgive you?

We'll we weren't exactly great friends. More just casual acquaintances with a lot of similar interests (so we were in a lot of the same classes in school). I just explained that I wasn't aware of the situation and didn't mean it personally. She understood, so it was all good. But still . . . .

In New Jersey, even tho you have an FFL, to be able to sell guns and ammo you also have to be licensed by the state.
I sent my FFL and State applications in the same day. In 45 days I had the FFL, when I called the State about my license I was told they were still investigating. Me being the hot head I am, wrote the States Attorney Genral, and voiced my disappointment, and ask the question "Who do you think does a better job of investigating, the FBI, and ATF, or the NJ State Police?" I had several visits from State Police investigators in the next couple days. But finally got my license. Should have just kept my mouth shut.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PotomacRiver
Back