When bad Ideas woork

Lighten up guys, I'm describing the stupid antics of a wild and crazy youth. Someone mentioned lead shot being illegal, this all happened before steel shot was even invented. I guess I do have to admire you all for never making poor decisions, but I wonder how much duller my life story would be if not for mine.

I still think the raven idea would work.;)

Lighten up guys, I'm describing the stupid antics of a wild and crazy youth. Someone mentioned lead shot being illegal, this all happened before steel shot was even invented. I guess I do have to admire you all for never making poor decisions, but I wonder how much duller my life story would be if not for mine.

That just means that you were a d-bag when you were younger too

Maybe next time label the post as "back when i was young and dumb" lol

Whoa.

Here should be your mantra: Safety first. Respect the animal. Follow the game laws. Hunt ethically, always.

I could explain those more but I doubt I can get you to understand those more.

OMFG! This cant be real, I was rolling when read the first paragraph but I literally fell out of my chair when someone posted the urban dictionary meaning. Haha, see ya Gooch!

Sounds like your a great shot to me and he may be pre hunter safety corse in age no clue and lighten up. I’ve killed some birds I didn’t let get too far out and had nothing to show after the pillow burst. At least he’s not admitting to poaching two elk in Montana.

No sense in being stupid if you can't show it off?

If you’re from the hood you post piles of cash/weed on social media, if you’re a redneck you post illegal hunting activities on social media.

My favorite personal favorite was always the posts that ended in “and sum kinda diver” with what is clearly a grebe mixed on a strap of ducks.

If you’re from the hood you post piles of cash/weed on social media, if you’re a redneck you post illegal hunting activities on social media.

My favorite personal favorite was always the posts that ended in “and sum kinda diver” with what is clearly a grebe mixed on a strap of ducks.

My favorite was a co-worker who proudly displayed the picture of the snow geese he shot. Those geese looked suspiciously like white pelicans.

Boy you guys are rough on a fella. And I agree with most of the criticism. Except maybe the safety aspect. Lobbing a slug over a lake into a half mile wide open field is certainly no more dangerous than lobbing a .30 caliber bullet 400 yards across the sage brush. The d-bag comment seemed somewhat harsh but then, I guess I’ve been called worse. The post was more in the vein of self-depravation rather than bragging. I am not proud of those decisions. I was hoping others might post entertaining stories of their lapses in judgement but perhaps it didn’t read that way. You know you all have done things that your just glad nobody saw but given the reaction I’ve gotten I guess it is understandable that you wouldn’t want to lower your guard.

My father raised me to only shot at an animal if I knew I could make a kill shot. He also engrained in me the ethos of eating what I killed and being a responsible and ethical hunter. Hunting is not a right, it is a privilege to be upheld with the highest moral standards. Did I always live up to this as a kid? NO, but I never intintially did stupid shit to animals. I've made mistakes, but nothing like you described.

I know not everyone had the same upbringing as me and I'm not claiming my upbringing is the best for everyone. I hope you learned from your "bad ideas that worked" and moved on to good ideas that work not only for you but for the animal and public perception of hunters.

My favorite was a co-worker who proudly displayed the picture of the snow geese he shot. Those geese looked suspiciously like white pelicans.

Do you guys realize how comments like this on the www could be perceived by someone who is in the fence about hunting? How about what someone who is a non hunter but is ok with hunting because of aligned interests in conservation and the enviroment might think of it? I have had a lot of great conversations with birders who are ok with hunting, what do you think they would think of these comments and what would their perception of us be after reading it?

Look dude knobody is perfect, I am far from it and about the least holier than thou guy out there. But you gotta have respect for these animals. I hate to keep beating up on you but you gotta think about what you say and some things are just better off not said.

Last edited:
well I gotta say this thread was certainly more entertaining (in a sad kinda way) than the thread after thread asking about info on such and such a unit

Do you guys realize how comments like this on the www could be perceived by someone who is in the fence about hunting? How about what someone who is a non hunter but is ok with hunting because of aligned interests in conservation and the enviroment might think of it? I have had a lot of great conversations with birders who are ok with hunting, what do you think they would think of these comments and what would their perception of us be after reading it?

Look dude knobody is perfect, I am far from it and about the least holier than thou guy out there. But you gotta have respect for these animals. I hate to keep beating up on you but you gotta think about what you say and some things are just better off not said.

Well... when I said “my favorite” I was being sarcastic but point well taken about how it could look to a non hunter. I don’t think I said anything that would indicate I don’t respect animals tho. Hopefully your non hunting birding buddies never share a blind with some of the people I used to duck hunt with.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back