What’s your occupation?

Tried accounting but didn't last a year. 16 years in law enforcement. Plan on retiring in 7 to 10 years and trying something else. Not sure yet what I will do but hopefully something low stress.
Perhaps motivational speaker. From my understanding the job comes with a company van/home with a lovely view.

Civil Engineer. Been doing airport consulting for about 20 years, kinda Dilbert's pointy-haired engineer boss wrangling the other engineers now. Honorable mention...land surveyor, Army engineer officer, beekeeper, occasional writer and technical communication lecturer at the local U.

Project Management consultant. Former data architect. Not as fancy as it sounds. Honestly, living in a van down by the river would be a pretty sweet gig as long as I can fish and hunt!

Project manager for an environmental engineering firm ... 15 years of this so far. We do everything from tank yanks to diverting rivers to dredge sediment to cleaning up unexploded ordnance. Right now I'm mostly about knocking down old buildings as well as treatment of contaminated groundwater with bacteria.

Back