Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

What's your go-to Hunting Pack?

I've been using the Tenzing 6000, Its a great pack really enjoyed it. Very versatile, easy to us and comfortable also. But last christmas gohunt ran some deals on mystery ranch, I bought 2 marshalls one for my dad and myself. I tired it out a few times and it super comfortable and convenient. Mystery ranch builds a great pack.

I wish I could go with Kuiu or Mystery Ranch Metcalf or something but I just can't afford it at this moment. I've been eyeing this Alps Outdoor pack as a budget alternative, but I haven't had a chance to lay my hands on it to see how it feels. Might be worth a look if you're planning on carrying an animal out long distances and in pieces

Last edited:
I wish I could go with Kuiu or Mystery Ranch Metcalf or something but I just can't afford it at this moment. I've been eyeing this Alps Outdoor pack as a budget alternative, but I haven't had a chance to lay my hands on it to see how it feels. Might be worth a look if you're planning on carrying an animal out long distances and in pieces
Look at the MR pop up 38. Similar pack. Similar price. It's what I just picked up. I will be testing it this weekend.

I really like my Kuiu Pro 3600 for big day hunts. Compact frame, but capable of hauling a load out when the need arises. The hip belt on the newest models is really, really comfortable.

Back