Caribou Gear

What's the deal with Hatch chilis? Need a quick answer!

My brother and I took an afternoon off from hunting a couple of years ago to bag up some freshly roasted Hatch chilis we bought from the guy who brings a truck-load to Springerville AZ every fall. We went with mediums because the hot were like putting a red hot coal in your mouth. 🥵
Along with a few cold drinks of course. ;)

View attachment 192463
Real chileheads there! Buy ‘em by the sack or not at all. Ain’t nobody got time for 1lb, 5lb bags.

Real chileheads there! Buy ‘em by the sack or not at all. Ain’t nobody got time for 1lb, 5lb bags.
I'd love to get them by the sack...unfortunately they only come in small boxes here in MT at an inflated cost for like 2 weekends.

A friend was just in NM getting some hayburners (horses) but had to make a cannonball run of the trip so he didn't get to come back with a truckload from Pueblo like he wanted to.

I'd love to get them by the sack...unfortunately they only come in small boxes here in MT at an inflated cost for like 2 weekends.

A friend was just in NM getting some hayburners (horses) but had to make a cannonball run of the trip so he didn't get to come back with a truckload from Pueblo like he wanted to.

Leave them in the freezer for 6 months. It is hot. 1 year, you gotta be a man to eat it. Hatch chile.

2 to 3 years, only in green chili stew!

Great thread. I'm bowing to you guys that know. Wondering how in the heck I can get some real peppers.

Hatch chilis are the bomb! My wife isn't a pepper fan at all, but you'll never catch her eating an omelette with hatch chili on it. There are several recipes I make that I use it in. Being from Ohio, I have to order from the source in batches. I don't trust the local specialty stores. Tried it from one one time and it was obvious it wasn't true Hatch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YakCountry
Back