Caribou Gear

What's on the smoker today?

Somebody help me out here stick burner offset or propane? I can't see propane giving many problems?
I like my stick burner BUT you have to constantly watch the temperature and make adjustments. Having a steady supply of wood ready to burn is something to consider.

I had to put yet another auger motor in my traeger yesterday. I love the food, but I’m not impressed by the durability for the price tag.
Had new injectors put in my truck last week too. Please bring back radial dial home phones, carburetors in trucks and charcoal grills. I am 100% sure we peaked in all aspects of life in the 20th century.

I had to put yet another auger motor in my traeger yesterday. I love the food, but I’m not impressed by the durability for the price tag.
I’ve noticed if you’re very careful when adding pellets, make sure there’s no fines, the auger doesn’t ball up and helps the motor last better. I’m on 4 years with mine I think and haven’t had a hiccup yet. Or broken parts. Knock on wood.

I’ve noticed if you’re very careful when adding pellets, make sure there’s no fines, the auger doesn’t ball up and helps the motor last better. I’m on 4 years with mine I think and haven’t had a hiccup yet. Or broken parts. Knock on wood.
My auger motor malfunctions are my fault, 💯! The two times my auger motor has failed is because I’ve used the traeger when it’s windy and blowing just out of the right direction to ignite the chips in the auger motor which eventually gets to the hopper and gets to hot.

My auger motor malfunctions are my fault, 💯! The two times my auger motor has failed is because I’ve used the traeger when it’s windy and blowing just out of the right direction to ignite the chips in the auger motor which eventually gets to the hopper and gets to hot.
Oh no

I wanted to originally but I don't think they make a cabinet style do they?
No. Man that sucks I've heard the new pit bosses are less durable then those of years past. Oklahoma Joe's has some nice smokers. https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...SFAxVg6ckDHYg4CX4QzzkoAHoECAMQIg&nis=8&adurl=

No it isn't. It's constant. Im on my second warranteed mother board also.
Do you do a lot of searing at high temps on it? I had a Masterbuilt Gravity Feed. Loved the concept and the way it cooked, but it just didn’t seem like it was durable enough for much cooking at searing temps. Went thru 3 sets of electronics and finally gave up on it.

I switched to a Kamado Joe, and again love the way it cooks, but it’s not very efficient or convenient when only cooking for one, so I find myself not using it much.

I’m now considering a RecTeq Bullseye Deluxe. It claims to do 200-1000 degrees. Anyone on here tried one? If so, how often do you crank the temp way up, and do the electronics handle it ok? I’d love to be able to do Neopolitan style pizzas on it at temps in the 800-1000 range.

Do you do a lot of searing at high temps on it? I had a Masterbuilt Gravity Feed. Loved the concept and the way it cooked, but it just didn’t seem like it was durable enough for much cooking at searing temps. Went thru 3 sets of electronics and finally gave up on it.

I switched to a Kamado Joe, and again love the way it cooks, but it’s not very efficient or convenient when only cooking for one, so I find myself not using it much.

I’m now considering a RecTeq Bullseye Deluxe. It claims to do 200-1000 degrees. Anyone on here tried one? If so, how often do you crank the temp way up, and do the electronics handle it ok? I’d love to be able to do Neopolitan style pizzas on it at temps in the 800-1000 range.
No this is a vertical cabinet style, hardly ever take it over 225.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back