MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

What's on the smoker today?

I finally got fed up with my POS masterbuilt smoker, it's in the pile destined for the scrap yard. I could never get it to work worth a damn, and no amount of modifications to it seemed to help much. So I'm going basic. Picked up a nearly new Weber Kettle for $30 and I'm gonna go oldschool for now.

I may pick up a small pork shoulder this weekend and give it a test run. I don't think I can get any worse results than I was with the MB.

I finally got fed up with my POS masterbuilt smoker, it's in the pile destined for the scrap yard. I could never get it to work worth a damn, and no amount of modifications to it seemed to help much. So I'm going basic. Picked up a nearly new Weber Kettle for $30 and I'm gonna go oldschool for now.

I may pick up a small pork shoulder this weekend and give it a test run. I don't think I can get any worse results than I was with the MB.
I'm not sure of your level of experience, but if you've never watched Chuds channel on YouTube, he does a bit of smoking on a weber. May have a useful tip or two.

I think I did come across one of his videos, and that may have been what steered me toward the kettle. I can't justify spending a bunch of money on a fancy smoker right now, but with a little patience I found the Weber for a minimal investment.

Yup. Told the wife not to use anymore chuck roasts from the freezer in the crockpot. This is the way.
Have you tried wrapping and running one up to 205 IT? Then shred like pulled pork. There is a great BBQ shack in Kauai, Hawaii that does that and sells it as “pulled beef.” Some of my favorite bbq ever.

Have you tried wrapping and running one up to 205 IT? Then shred like pulled pork. There is a great BBQ shack in Kauai, Hawaii that does that and sells it as “pulled beef.” Some of my favorite bbq ever.
Yes I have, both ways are great. I pulled this one at 194 tonight. Was perfect.

Did this recipe exactly, and it turned out absolutely phenomenal. Even my pregnant picky wife thought they were outstanding. lol I prepped them last night, let them sit in the fridge overnight and they took about 2.5 hours to hit IT. Started at 9:30 and ready by lunch— highly recommend!

Attachments

• IMG_0409.jpeg
    IMG_0409.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0410.jpeg
    IMG_0410.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0412.jpeg
    IMG_0412.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11

Forum statistics

Threads