Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

What's on the smoker today?

Day started with some jerky for my kid's buddies. Apparently middle school poker is now a thing. Who knew?
20240127_134155.jpg
Add 8 buddies from 8th grade, elk sliders, hot dogs, poker chips, an 8 month old bird dog pup, and the house is total chaos.
20240127_182238.jpg
Life is good!
20240127_194006.jpg
Through the yelling I hear somebody say, "I'll trade you a white one for a purple one." Then promptly, "thats what she said!!!" All is right with the world tonight.

I know of a lake where bonking trout leads to excellent smoked goodies. mtmuley
No problem bonking lake fish..haha.
Haven't smoked a fish in 30 years, since my Little Chief days( which weren't bad either).
This event was a total fail. Back story...a friend gave me his older Traeger. I cleaned her nicely, worked great. Last weekend the smoke mode wouldn't work initially and heat was cranking, then the heat quit and it wouldn't get above 50 degrees. Serves me right for taking a freebie.

No problem bonking lake fish..haha.
Haven't smoked a fish in 30 years, since my Little Chief days( which weren't bad either).
This event was a total fail. Back story...a friend gave me his older Traeger. I cleaned her nicely, worked great. Last weekend the smoke mode wouldn't work initially and heat was cranking, then the heat quit and it wouldn't get above 50 degrees. Serves me right for taking a freebie.
Google the symptoms. I bet someone has had the same problem and it’s an easy fix. Unless you have one of the newer ones that are more computerized they are pretty simple to work on. Don’t buy traeger parts.

Google the symptoms. I bet someone has had the same problem and it’s an easy fix. Unless you have one of the newer ones that are more computerized they are pretty simple to work on. Don’t buy traeger parts.
Thanks.
Probably worth the effort.

This...if I can fix one, anyone can. Most of the parts are cross indexed and can be found on amazon.

Down here in TX people add jalapeno to everything. We had jalepeno potato salad off the chuck wagon at my wedding.
I’ve seen jalapeño ice cream. Jalapeno pecan pralines, etc. It’s out of control!

Jalapeno coleslaw is good stuff though.
My wife has been known to make me a blue cheese jalapeño coleslaw.

Down here in TX people add jalapeno to everything. We had jalepeno potato salad off the chuck wagon at my wedding.
I’ve seen jalapeño ice cream. Jalapeno pecan pralines, etc. It’s out of control!

Jalapeno coleslaw is good stuff though.
I found some candied jalapeño and bacon cream cheese dip. Oh my! Good on crackers and I put some on a baked potato instead of sour cream once. Gonna have to make another one soon!

Back