What's on the smoker today?

Smoked venison bologna.
View attachment 279410
The only bologna I've ever had was the Oscar Mayer shit on a sandwich when I was a kid. It had no flavor, was salty, slimy, and would eat the paint off cars if you slapped it on the roof and left it for a day or two.
How is the texture of homemade bologna and do you use it for lunch meat or is it more along the lines of summer sausages . Yours looks really good, I'm genuinely curious.

The only bologna I've ever had was the Oscar Mayer shit on a sandwich when I was a kid. It had no flavor, was salty, slimy, and would eat the paint off cars if you slapped it on the roof and left it for a day or two.
How is the texture of homemade bologna and do you use it for lunch meat or is it more along the lines of summer sausages . Yours looks really good, I'm genuinely curious.
Texture is more similar to summer sausage and I usually eat it as such on a charcuterie board spread. It makes a great sandwich meat as well. Smokey, medium saltiness, red pepper flakes. I give it as gifts and have always gotten good reviews.

Took some Saint Louis ribs, slathered with yellow mustard, then generously salted & peppered. That by it's self is some good smoked ribs. This time I added, Avalanche of garlic seasoning & a Korean red pepper.
Bearfoot  Ribs.jpg
Going into the smoker. 225 3 hr smoke, apple wood. Wrap tight in foil, with 1/4 cup cider viniger. This house likes fall off the bone ribs.

Bearfoot  spice.jpg
So good! So good. No finish pics, So good!

Took some Saint Louis ribs, slathered with yellow mustard, then generously salted & peppered. That by it's self is some good smoked ribs. This time I added, Avalanche of garlic seasoning & a Korean red pepper.
View attachment 279478
Going into the smoker. 225 3 hr smoke, apple wood. Wrap tight in foil, with 1/4 cup cider viniger. This house likes fall off the bone ribs.

View attachment 279477
So good! So good. No finish pics, So good!
Too good to stop eating for a pic!!! I get it…been there too!!!

Headed up to the mountains (at least what we call mountains here in Oklahoma) for a week at the cabin with the family. Smoked a ham last night saved a chunk for dinner tonight so I won't have to cook after driving and unpacking. Ran the rest through the meat slicer for sandwiches and snacking for the week.20230610_212613.jpg

Brought some of my bear pastrami (and some sausage) to a camping trip this weekend with 30 other families from school. Everyone was pretty stoked and many were surprised you could eat bear....some thinking that way because the meat would taste bad and others just didn't know but we're eager to try.

View attachment 279555
View attachment 279556
What cut was that from?

Brought some of my bear pastrami (and some sausage) to a camping trip this weekend with 30 other families from school. Everyone was pretty stoked and many were surprised you could eat bear....some thinking that way because the meat would taste bad and others just didn't know but we're eager to try.

View attachment 279555
View attachment 279556
Any chance on getting a PM with the recipe for that pastrami. Have a couple bear hams I’d like to cure up that way. TIA

image.jpgWell,so it begins

Rubbed with salt, pepper and granulated garlic, smoked over a mixture of hickory wood and whiskey barrel cutoffs. This propane smoker has a water dish, I’ll add some pecan flavored whiskey that nobody in the house likes and let it be.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back