Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

What's on the smoker today?

The NM chile rub was just fine with us.
That's sounds great, but I didn't have any up here in MI...went with good ol' Jack Daniel's pork rub. It's overpriced paripka, garlic, and salt, but I like it along with their beef rub, otherwise I'm partial to Excalibur's stuff.

"I like pig butts and I cannot lie!"

20230402_133948.jpg

Smoking some ribs on Saturday unless it snows too hard. Thinking about doing our baked beans on the smoker. Has anyone done this, and does it really add much? Hard to see how the smoke could get in the beans much, since there is no airflow except over the surface.

And, Ken, how is the smoke taste on the pellet smoker? It sure looks easy, although our Weber Summit with a temp controller is pretty easy too, but not that easy. We may not always be spry, and I get it you're spry, but busy; we're getting to the not-so-spry stage ;)

Smoking some ribs on Saturday unless it snows too hard. Thinking about doing our baked beans on the smoker. Has anyone done this, and does it really add much? Hard to see how the smoke could get in the beans much, since there is no airflow except over the surface.
I do baked beans at the same time as ribs . I've tried it in a few different configurations and never noticed a "smoked" taste or any better flavor so I leave them covered in a Dutch oven and let them slow cook for as long as the meat, similar to a bean hole. Cover the lid in foil to keep the drippings from making mess, stir every couple hours. No complaints.61191.jpeg

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back