What's on the smoker today?

Speaking of paper, why is 100sqft at lowes $26 and 75 sqft at home depot $9. In Lowe's defense, theirs does have cute little pigs and chickens on it

What's on the smoker tonight? Maybe my living room. Just discovered a dead battery in the smoke detector.

A little off topic, but I can't believe what I found today. Not gonna say which restaurant, but it's a place that sells 4 pieces of fried chicken for $32. This is probably for ½lb of brisket, tops, we pay around $4.50 a pound for it at the store. There's a sucker born every minute. And how is it Texas smoked if we're in Denver?🤣🤣

Screenshot_20230917_195601_Samsung Notes.jpg

A little off topic, but I can't believe what I found today. Not gonna say which restaurant, but it's a place that sells 4 pieces of fried chicken for $32. This is probably for ½lb of brisket, tops, we pay around $4.50 a pound for it at the store. There's a sucker born every minute. And how is it Texas smoked if we're in Denver?🤣🤣

View attachment 292928
We have a relatively new bbq joint downtown. A friend from Colorado was coming thru town with his daughter & I told him to stop by for some good TX barbeque (was guessing). Pulled up a fairly steeply priced onlinemenu & ordered a bunch of stuff. Well, the menu, like so many online, was not current. As with most everything else post covid, it was about 70% higher than already too high.

...and it was no better than what we can smoke at home.

"Never eat at an out of Mother Texas restaurant that marquees Genuine Texas BBQ."

We have a relatively new bbq joint downtown. A friend from Colorado was coming thru town with his daughter & I told him to stop by for some good TX barbeque (was guessing). Pulled up a fairly steeply priced onlinemenu & ordered a bunch of stuff. Well, the menu, like so many online, was not current. As with most everything else post covid, it was about 70% higher than already too high.

...and it was no better than what we can smoke at home.

"Never eat at an out of Mother Texas restaurant that marquees Genuine Texas BBQ."
As has been shared before. . .

1695050292653.png

Back