What's in your BAIT ?

Moosie

Grand poopa
Jsut wondering what people are putting in there piles this year ?

We're going to use the donuts from me doing some dumpster diving. Will use old pasteries from the "DAY OLD" store, will use ramdom old food from around the house, some dog food mixed in, and some meat.....

My can used to be half full of some really ripe meat, chicken, fish and fat. On top of that was a nice salad and on top of that were the breads (bread, cakes, doughnuts, granola bars, ect), all the makings for a well balanced meal. On the ground around the can was grease from the chicken fryers. I used to saturate the plain bread with blueberry syrup or honey also. Whenever I had bags of candy they were also added.

I used to be able to fill it back up with melons, strawberries and blueberries. I had access to all the doughnuts, breads and iced cakes I wanted. I had cases of blueberry syrup and a big supply of granola and granola bars. All the produce I wanted and all the meat and scrapes I could haul. One year I was hauling 100 pounds a day in. Damn night feeders.
mad.gif

Moosie,
I think you need something healthy in that barrel, something with some Vitamins... Give a call on Saturday, I think I may have had a fruitful conversation with someone who could help load some pickups....

elkgrin.gif

In the past I have used sheep guts and skulls from the slaughter house, CARP, and of course dounuts. I hear POPCORN works good at keeping them around and it is also very light and easy to carry in with garbage sacks...I saw a very nice Blonde last week that I really need to target with some bait...Maybe I will get laid off this week...Plenty of time to hunt then....
eek.gif

I would bet that a trap set in the neighbor hood to catch loose cats and dogs would probably work and clean up the streets of unwanted pets at the same time....
biggrin.gif

Elkgunner.. DANG, I've been slacking and Missed your post. I'll give you a call today... HOPE I didn't miss out on the Opertunity ?

Any time you come accross something I could use, let me know
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
You got my # too
wink.gif

I even had jalopenos in mine. I don't think they were a big hit though because they never got eaten. Just thought I would pass that on to you so you wouln't waste your time hauling any in. They didn't care for cabbage that much either.

The only thing I ever packed in was Ansine(sp), the extract in the little bottle that smells like licorce. A hunk of wire and a tampon. The whole thing weighs about half a pound and isn't messy at all.

LOL Russ
biggrin.gif
I don't know if it is the taste they like, but I think it is the smell that they like so much. Does anyone else know? All I know is several people told me to use the small bottles of Coleman Propane and let it seep out real slow and it drives the bears nuts.

LOL on the Jalapino's !!!Wylee got a huge box of fruit/vegie's one year and stuff and when We dumped it all out there were some in the bottom.. The next day the JAlapino's were strung out all over not eaten at all... the Apples were ALL gone, and the Lettuce 1/2 gone....

We learned they don't care much for the Spicey stuff
wink.gif

Moosie,

No return call on the healthier of the two ideas we talked about. My mom also left a message at her cousins, who own one over along the Snake River between Fruitland and Payette.

The less healthy idea, in the 90lb packages sounds even more likely, as the owners of those things are being charged $20 to have them hauled away, each. So, if we can find the right guy or two, you may have a good supply.

I'll make a few more calls.
elkgrin.gif
er

That's what I found also. Where I was working I had an endless supply of everything for a clan of hungry bears. Even gave them all natural diet foods to keep them slim and trim.
wink.gif
Good thing too. That one year with the night feeders I needed all of it. they didn't seem to care for melons as much as the other stuff eith. The strawberries and blueberries were a big hit as were the 1/2 & 1/4 sheet cakes. Always had Anise hanging in the tree. Ground was covered with chicken fryer grease. Where ever the bear went he left a nice fried chicken greas trail for all of his buddies.
smile.gif

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back